|[57]|

You gave my soldiers quite a scare, climbing the walls like that."

------

The man laughed joyfully, not a hint of sarcasm present.

"I'm afraid I didn't have much of a choice," you spoke awkwardly, unsure of what to say to the laughing man. He was kind but at this point you were just aching to go home.

He chuckled at your awkward demeanor as you ate the soup that had been given to you.

"But tell my why were you outside the walls?" He turned serious and you stiffened slightly at his question. Although you could've seen it coming, it still caught you off guard. You recovered quickly however and to the untrained eye it wouldn't even have been noticeable, even Pixis doubted if he had actually seen it.

"I'm afraid I can't say anything about that without having spoken to Commander Erwin about the matter." He nodded understandingly, letting you know he didn't blame you in the slightest.

"We've send someone to fill in the scouting legion so they can prepare a carriage for you to return in and come pick you up." Pixis continued, successfully steering away the conversation from what he knew made you uncomfortable.

You nodded as you continued eating. The silence was comfortable and Pixis' face turned serious as it left your field of vision. He would've liked to know what had happened for you to be staying outside the walls.

He had seen the state you were in when you arrived, but above all it was a miracle that you had survived in the first place. He had seen you've had it rough, and compared to him you were still so young. Besides that, any regular person would be extremely traumatized after returning. It made him wonder what you had been through to be able to survive staying outside the walls for over a week, 9 days to be exact.

Of course he too had heard the stories, he had been present at your hearing in the courtroom as well, as the commander of  the garrison it was only natural to be there.

He had been the last to leave when your team had made their incredible entrance. He had been curious of you for awhile, and this situation only proved to him once more that you might as well have been a different species.

He left you alone after wishing you goodbye and good luck. The cuts that littered your body stung as you moved, finding a small pocket sized mirror standing on a cabinet in the room.

You picked it up and used it to look at yourself.

It didn't shock you, you had seen yourself like this more than once, but that didn't mean you liked it. You still looked like a beast. Somewhat of a wild look in your eyes, your hair tangled and greasy with still some mud here and there you didn't manage to get rid of before.

Some cuts were also spread over your face, accompanied by some patches of dried blood here and there that you had forgotten about.

You stayed in that room for another hour. Thinking back on barely an hour before, you had managed to catch a nap of what you knew couldn't be more than an hour. Surprisingly enough you felt refreshed, maybe it was because the change in atmosphere or simply knowing that you had made it back, but you felt energized.

Although you were sure you would collapse and pass out for probably a day as soon as you came in the proximity of your bed.

It was because you were so energized that as soon as you heard multiple boots outside the door, a hunting knife was in your hand before you even realized. You didn't carry your gear right now, it was in the other room and would be brought back with another load of supplies that would travel from this district to the headquarters a couple of days from then. It had gotten damaged during your stay outside the walls and would therefore first need to be brought to a mechanic who could fix this level of damage.