|[54]|

Akame slowly opened her eyes to the sound of talking, she had to squint from the bright lights.

She rubbed her eyes as she could hear Demian chuckle at her side, he sat on a chair  beside her bed and looked at her as she slowly sat up, "welcome back to the world sleeping beauty."

She was in a room, on a hospital bed, and surrounded by her friends. Demian sat beside her bed, and there were another five beds in the room. Each occupied.

Petra laid across from her, still knocked out, and beside her she could see Jax lay on his stomach. Bandages were wrapped around his torso and covered his back, Akame could only imagine how bad it must've looked.

Across from him sat Gunter, also awake but a dreadful gaze in his eyes. It took her a moment before realizing why. Something missed, his arm missed.

She couldn't bare to look at him, knowing she was part of the reason why he was in his current state. Beside him laid Olou, he seemed relatively okay, although the skin that could be seen had bandages wrapped around it.

When she leaned forward she saw Eld, his arm in a sling that hung from his neck, as he shot her a small smile when they made eye contact.

Beside Jax's bed sat Lillian, her head leaning on her hand as her arm rested on the bed. She sent a small wave and a smile her way as they looked at each other. They were safe. Even through the hell they endured, they all managed to survive.

She couldn't help but sigh in relief, knowing it could've ended way worse.

As she opened her mouth, Arlo walked in. His labcoat clean and in a set of clothes that way more common for this time period.

A notepad in his hand as he grabbed a pen out of the chest pocket of his labcoat. When he met her eyes, his gaze softened as he send her a small smile. His crazy looking glasses still perked on his nose.

It was so normal to see him like this, but something wasn't quite right. Something wasn't quite right. That's when she realized it had been so long since she had seen him.

She hopped off her bed despite the ache in her muscles and jumped in his arms as he opened them for a hug. He stumbled back a few steps from the force of the jump, although his arms closed around her automatically as he held her close.

Eld smiled at the sweet scene in front of him, maybe everything hadn't been lost yet.

"You're a fool for coming here." She mumbled as she buried her face deeper in the crook of his neck. Demian laughing at the scene as Arlo awkwardly stroked Akame's back.

They had always had a special type of bond. The two of them had just clicked immediately upon meeting. From then on they had always been best friends, helping to keep each other same through the struggle that was their lives. Any free moments Akame had spent in Arlo's lab and office, and Arlo came to watch her training whenever he could.

"It's good to know you're feeling alright at least." The red head chuckled as he pulled back, watching the happy tears stream over the girls cheeks who had always been so strong in the most fire situations.

Eld was glad to see her like that, seeing her be able to relax after enduring the pressure from the day before. He could barely fathom it, it had only been a day yet so much had changed. It was insane, really.

Arlo wiped the tears from her cheeks with his thumbs as he cupped her cheeks, her arms rested comfortably on his shoulders as she laughed.

"So where's Y/n? She must've been ecstatic to see you here!" Akame smiled brightly as she pulled Arlo back in and rested her head in his chest, inhaling his scent.