|[30]|

Out oozed not the familiar metallic smelling crimson blood, but a similar liquid from the syringe with the sickly blue hue and chemical stench.

----------

Your eyes widened at the sight, but before you could do anything else, she had pulled you off her back and quite literally threw you away until your back hit the wall and a painful crack followed.

You stood up once more, although even the adrenaline couldn't mask the pain anymore. You clenched your jaw as silent outlet and readied your knives as a plan formed it's way into your mind. You had no idea if it would work, and the plan for sure had it's risks, but right now that was the most you had.

Only now did you notice the female in front of you was about a head taller than you, and the steel blade in her hand told you this would probably be the only chance you had for this.

She stood in front of you with a couple more steps, for now you just had to dodge and create distance.

Another series of slashing and hacking away at each other followed, resulting in a cut across her collarbone for her and a smaller cut above your eyebrow for you. The blood dripped into your eye, annoying you to no end.

You saw an opening in her attacks and jumped away. Resulting you to stand behind her. You stepped a bit backwards as you created distance, stumbling for a moment when you nearly tripped over your box of gear as you shoved it angrily to the side with your foot.

When she turned around you saw your chance.

The blade from your right hand you threw straight at her head, and you passed the blade you held in your left hand swiftly to your right as you jumped on her. Piercing it with all your leftover strength in her chest, the throw from before was sloppy and never meant to be more than a distraction as your real attack played out.

You pulled the knife out of her chest, the blue liquid oozing out of the wound. You grabbed the knife with two hands as you stabbed it two more times in her chest before finishing it off by piercing it between her eyes.

You sat on her lifeless form as you pulled the knife out, panting as you shakily stood up and made your way to Demian.

He was watching, eyes wide as unknowingly tears cascaded down his face. He had watched your every move the whole battle, once again impressed by your skills. Moments like these you never failed to impress him, as he once again realized why you were their captain.

He looked bad, you couldn't tell if it was dirt or blood on his face in the darkened room but you could only assume the worst.

Your hands messed with his restrains as they shook from the intense battle from before. You decided it would be better to pull the gag out first instead. Once you had calmed down a little you worked on his restrains. After a little bit you had managed to free both his wrists and legs as you wiped away the tears from his cheeks.

The two of you just looked at each other, not knowing exactly what was supposed to be said. In the end you broke the silence, "can you stand?"

Demian nodded in response as he stood up, he had to grip the chair to get his bearings for a moment but he seemed fine after.

"Captain! What's going on?!" You could hear the muffled, yet panicked voice from Akame through the door.

"It's fine! We're searching for the key!" Demian yelled back as the two of you walked towards the two bodies. When Demian responded you could hear more questions being yelled from the other side of the door.

The pounding in your head slowly became more prominent as you brought your hand up and wiped some blood away that was about to stream into your eye. You groaned at the loud voice of Akame on the other side of the door.