|[24]|

Arlo started to mumble to himself as he started writing and taking notes. Luca following his movement curiously.
-----

The younger male's fingers flew through the air on a screen that didn't exist. He created a two lines and wrote something down underneath. Arlo finally turned back to Luca and gestured at the notes after 10 silent minutes of him checking his messy notes.

"The book is empty right? After this point it doesn't continue." Arlo started and Luca nodded his head at the ginger.

"So what if it's not there yet because it hasn't happened yet?" Luca opened his mouth, but was cut of by the hyperactive Arlo, "yes I know, it's history therefore it has to have happened."

Arlo zoomed in on the two lines he drew, erasing them and creating a singular line in its place to explain.

"So this is our timeline, alright? This is us with Y/n  a couple of months ago." He said as he drew a second line underneath, adding two taller stick men and a shorter one beside the two. He linked the two lines with a smaller line and moved one of the stick figures from the top line via the link line to the bottom line.

"So she did something that made her cross, like this," he gestured to the glowing board, "so if we're at this point now as well that means that her stories can't be written down because she still needs to experience them."

Luca was silent as he tried to comprehend Arlo's words. It was complicated, but Arlo rattled on.

"Of course this doesn't explain everything, it's just a theory! A time theory! But there are holes in this, for example how we can know about the previous past if it's happening alongside us... And there is so much more but there is hope if this is true!"

Luca tightened his ponytail as he looked at the board again, moving his hand to create another line to link the two 'timelines', "so this would be the way to bring her back right?"

"Exactly! But we need to find out how she came there in the first place." Arlo mumbled, mostly to himself as he thought.

Luca spoke up, his thoughts racing around, "what if" his eyes were downcast as Arlo looks at him, "what if it's a one way ticket only?" Arlo opened his mouth, only to shut it immediately after. It would be perfectly plausible, just like any theory was at the moment. "We don't know that, in fact we barely know anything. All we know is she somehow got there, and who knows what their return will be." Arlo concluded as he pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

Luca had started pacing around the room, looking frustrated, "I get that, but it's just so impossible to consider she's out there, just in a complete other timeline!" He argued back as he fell backwards in his desk chair. He swiped his hand over the blueboard and pulled up an old picture on the screen, it included three figures, a H/c haired female in the middle, beside two taller male figures. He could barely recognize himself at this point. He remembered when this picture was taken, right before they officially enrolled into the military. Just after Y/n refused what ended up as his position.

"-you would do..." Arlo sighed as he saw his friend get lost in thought staring at her picture.

"Look Luca, I'm not gonna say this to you as your scientist or as one of your soldiers. I'm gonna say this as your childhood friend, without filter or avoiding the point." Arlo said as he turned serious and sat down on the chair across Luca's desk.

"We both know she was supposed to sit here, and we both know why she refused. She never belonged in an office with stacks of papers on a desk in front of her. Neither did you but that's not the point," he shook his head as he continued, "point is, if she decides to roll with it then we can't stop her, if we learn that she tried to come back we also can't stop her. We might be able to go to her, if she did it and ended up there it must be possible in some way." Luca nodded attentively.