|[49]|

The smile on her face didn't fade as she flew through the trees, her eyes scanning the terrain endlessly and tirelessly.

-------------

Levi rode through the gates in silence. Only Lillian, Demian and the two others from the future behind him. His and your squad laid for the most part in the carriages. And above all, you were missing.

He had prayed to whatever was out there that you would return to them when they halted. That you'd meet up with them on their way back.

He couldn't care less if you were mad at him for leaving, if you yelled, screamed or punched him. He would've taken it all to have you safe and unhurt beside him.

A man tried to approach him, although he was immediately scared off by the corporals glare.

His thoughts couldn't leave you alone. You were missing, were you even alive at this point? Were you hurt in that forest somewhere and left to the titans, defenselessly?

No, he wouldn't believe that, nothing would take you down that easily.

His thoughts shifted to the female titan, what if you had run into the creature before? Would you be able to take such creature on by yourself with a limited supply of gas and energy?

You weren't invincible and this was the painstaking evidence.

Fate worked in funny ways. On his first expedition he had lost the two people he cared about most, and now, when he found someone to fill that void, she had been taken away in a similar way.

He tried to stay optimistic, you were still out there somewhere, and he knew you had two extra has tanks with you. You'd be able to get back unhurt.

He wanted to throw Erwin off the walls for not allowing him to turn back. If only it would make you return to his side.

When he finally got pulled out of his thoughts they had returned to the headquarters.

How empty his office would be without your presence to annoy him and eventually help him after.

He couldn't understand how your two conscious squad mates just rode there, looking as if nothing happened.

Lillian had stopped Hanji when everyone dismounted, Mike beside her and listening to her story from what she knew. How you were missing and she needed to bring Levi's squad and her dearest friends to the infirmary.

She barely managed to keep the tears in her eyes, and Demian couldn't do more than just stand there. Listening to the story he knew but still refusing to believe it was the reality.

They decided to pull their thoughts away from their depressive state and take care of their friends first, Arlo and Luca both helping to carry the others to the infirmary.

Later, when the sun had set, and Lillian laid on her bed, the other bed in her room that was Akame's now being used by her brother.

As much as she longed to see her brother again, right now it only reminded her of the massive loss she experienced and how it all wasn't just a bad dream.

The dazed look on her face was only the evidence from that. Luca across from her knew he had to keep it together for his sister, although the mere thought of losing you was breaking him inside as well.

When the silent tears finally started to stream over Lillian's cheeks, and the endless sobbing began, Luca moved over to her, wrapping his strong arms around her and pulling her closer. Creating a small safe space for her to get it all out, even he couldn't control the steady stream of tears that started to run down his cheeks as well.