|[64]|

When the four of you were finished, Levi moved to pull you along to where you left your horses, although instead you pulled him along inside the cafe.
---------------------------------------

Levi raised his eyebrow at you as you pulled him inside. The boy's eyes widened behind the counter as he watched you dragging the Levi Ackerman inside his little shop. Only then did he seem to realize who the three of you actually were.

Lillian was the first to offer her apologies, "I'm sorry about that." She offered the boy a small polite smile, which was wholeheartedly returned.

"You were amazing! That group was kicked out of the local tavern last week and have been causing trouble here instead." The boy sighed, but the smile didn't disappear from his face, "although I'm sure they will stay away now."

Levi raised a curious eyebrow at you as you silently whispered to him, "I'll explain the details later."

Lillian and Akame had started to chat with the boy while you and Levi had sat down at an empty table. Akame was ordering a bunch of small treats to snack on with Levi's squad and the four other males left at the headquarters.

Beside her stood Lillian who was engaged in conversation with the boy and attempting to pay for your drinks and food while he refused, saying you had already done more than enough for him. She was occasionally interrupted by Akame who asked the boy a question about the filling of some treats.

"So what were you doing here anyway?" You asked, leaning your arm on the table as your eyes met Levi's.

"For going to one store and returning, you were taking fucking long, brat. I just came to check if you were still alive." He clicked his tongue in annoyance but you couldn't help but smile teasingly at his words.

"So the almighty Levi Ackerman, humanities strongest no less, decided to come check up on me cause he was worried?" You teased and you could feel Levi kick your foot under the table.

You chuckled at the glare you received, brushing some hair out of your face as you gave him a knowing smile.

"Next time we should come here together, the food is great and I believe we passed a small tea shop on our way here." He raised his eyebrow in question, although he didn't seem entirely opposed at the idea.

The two of you waited until Akame and Lillian were done with their own business, Lillian finally managed to pay for the three of you and Akame left with three boxes full of treats.

"How much do you wanna bet that I'm going to get lectured by Arlo?" You offered to your companions as you inched closer to the headquarters.

"I'll bet two pastries that he's going to be too busy with the report to have even noticed your return." You raised your eyebrow at Akame, nodded your head as a small, but sly, smile formed on your face, "deal"

The day before you had finally managed to hand in the report you had made for Erwin. Hanji and Arlo had been eyeing the soldier that would deliver it to Erwin ever since he left your office.

Before Erwin even had the chance to look at the document, they bursted into his office and demanded the papers as soon as they hit his desk and the soldier had left.

You didn't know the specifics but as far as everyone knew, they had left with your report.

Levi watched the two of you curiously in your exchange, wondering if this was something that often happened in your little group.

As you dropped off your horse at the soldier in charge at the stables, you stepped inside the building. Akame gave you a knowing smile at the silence that followed, as you sighed a breath of relief.