|[20]|

3.

I kicked open the door, knocking wasn't something I had on my mind right now.

The door flew open with a loud bang and Jax jumped out of his bed, a knife clumsily in his hand. He looked dead, dark circles, bed hair and just woken up.

"He isn't here is he?" I hissed as my glare settled on the empty bed against the wall.

I swear as soon as I find that guy I will drag him back here and tie him to a chair or something. I sighed defeatedly, this boy honestly had a huge problem with bad luck. Or just routes.

I turned around as made my way back to my living quarters, hastily ripping my backpack of my desk and swinging it over my shoulders. I slammed the door of my room shut and locked it with the key residing in my pockets.

I stormed down the hall, if he isn't on HQ land anymore he's out there somewhere. Maybe he's injured? Drunk in a tavern? I mean everyone except Lillian in our group is unresistant to alcohol.

While lost in thoughts I didn't notice a short stuff calling my name until he slammed me against a wall. My held my wrists, constricting my instincts, his grey eyes bore into mine as his venom laced voice made his way to my ears.

"And where do you think you're going, brat?" He looked pissed. Not that I cared much at the moment. I don't think I've ever done though.

"Dragging his ass back here." He seemed to catch on on what I meant. The lack of sleep must be taking effect now.

He laughed, a sarcastic, dry and short lived laugh. A mocking one even, "And here I thought you were smarter than this." He grinned, as I gritted my teeth at the comment.

I kicked upwards with my knee, he avoided my attack as he released me and took a couple of steps back.

"As if you're the one to talk." I said as I turned around, preparing to leave.

"So you think just riding into the city will work? You don't even know you're way through the city. Maybe the lack of sleep has made you truly retarded but maybe you should see that mindlessly bursting into the city isn't gonna do fucking shit." His cold voice bore into my back. I sighed as I walked away from him.

"I'm not leaving anyone behind, I'm not prepared to lose another team member." With that I walked away, I could feel his annoyance from a mile away but I'm positive I don't have any fucks left to give.

I burst into the shed with all the 3DMG, I wore the hellish straps for it already so it was less of a pain attaching them to my hips. When I was done I opened a crate with spare glass tanks and took my backpack off. I rearranged some things inside to make place for the cylindrical tanks. I managed to stuff another four tanks inside, as I slung the backpack back on my back. It's weight didn't change much with the gas tanks and I made my way to the stables.

As I entered I looked at the poor cadet that had stable duties. I remembered him from somewhere.

The brunette looked at my with big eyes. What's his name again? Evan something?

"Ma'm? What are you doing here?" His startled green eyes fixed on mine.

"Can you prepare my horse for me? I'm kind of in a hurry." I knew this kid is probably faster at it than I am and I need all time I can get right now.

The kid started immediately after asking which horse was mine exactly. My horse got brought out after 10-ish minutes, completely ready to go. I decided to come back on his name matter later. He was the boy from the forest, no? This is honestly confusing.