|[46]|

It hurt too much.

-------------

"Why is she still silent on com? She should've been in range by now." Lillian and Demian rode in formation out of the forest, still following Erwin although they would meet up with their own squad, and hopefully you, after they left the forest.

"Maybe she hasn't seen the signal?" Demian offered but was silenced by the death glare Lillian gave him, "don't even think about that."

The bright sun shone on their faces as they emerged from the forest. They would meet up at the ruins and reorganize, they were supposed to count the losses and give some necessary first aid to the wounded.

They rode silently to the place where others they would meet up. Demian saw the concerned gaze in Lillian's eyes. Her brows furrowed as worry ate at her from the inside.

He couldn't say he was entirely happy with the current situation either. He preferred to stay together as a team, they had split up often enough back in their own time but that had been so different. There everyone knew their part of the plan and could fullfill the jobs they had trained for for years.

Here it was so different, there was too much that was up to the circumstances and they didn't have as much experience with these blades.

He hated the fact he hadn't heard anything from you since they entered the forest. Even what they heard was static interrupted and barely audible, proving how far away you were.

They halted at the groups of soldiers. Hanji's squad was conversing with Mike's but Levi's couldn't be seen, neither were their squad mates or you.

They could see Levi atop of his horse riding around the make shift camp that was made, cold stoic eyes scanning the crowd.

Lillian and Demian both jumped off their horse as they came to a skitting stop at the soldiers. They walked through the crowds of soldiers looking for their teammates.

Eventually Lillian screamed out, startling the people around her as she ran full speed through the crowd. Demian followed her confused until he saw her objective.

She yelled out his name and Luca turned around, eyes widening at his usually composed and professional little sister that now ran at him full force. He had bags under his eyes and he looked as if he hadn't seen a shower in months but none of that could stop her.

She leaped into his arms, her brother picking her up easily and twirling her around as he had done countless of times in those small moments they had been with each other as kids. His training had made him strong so it didn't matter they were the same age, he had always been able to pick her up without trouble.

Tears of happiness cascaded down her face as she rested her head on his shoulder. A broad smile spread on his face as he held her, he remembered so clearly when they were younger how she had told him he couldn't treat her like a kid anymore. The person in his arms wasn't a child, she was a woman, proud and strong.

When he released her he came face to face with a smiling Demian who saluted dutifully for his commander. Not the salute he had learned here, and the familiarity flooded through his body at the gesture.

Luca nodded at the soldier in front of him, happy to see him in good health. As soon as he lowered his arm Demian got tackled by Arlo in a one armed hug. They high fived when they broke apart, patting each other on the back and laughing. Even at the end of their world they had found each other.

"I assume you haven't seen Akame and Jax by any chance?" Demian smiled at the two, happy to have reunited.

Luca pointed to the wagon behind him with a thumb, his face falling as he stopped the two adults from running at it, "be prepared entering."