|[16]|

I ripped the emblem of their chest and ran back towards the trees. I had no time to figure this out right now.

I whistled for H/n to come and jumped on her as she came running. I grabbed some of the berries and stuffed them in my mouth to eat, who knows when the next time will be that I get a chance to eat. Without passing a long time i passed the place where I had split up with my team. I figured that would be the best idea, since now I can just follow their quite obvious trail.

All kinds of thoughts of what could be happening now filled my head. And I couldn't help but feel slightly guilty for the tingling in my hands. They were in a possibly deadly situation yet I was excited for it. This is something I've been aching for for long time.

I could feel the adrenaline start to pump through my veins as the noises became louder, I was getting close.

I missed this feeling.

The feeling of unknowing what was about to happen, feeling the adrenaline.

Feeling alive.

I used my truck on before and went to stand on the saddle of my horse, crouching while holding the reins in one hand and trying to keep my balance with the other.

After riding for a couple more minutes I saw the horde of titans. But I also heard an out sound rising above it all.

A scream.

It wasn't one someone would scream when afraid, it sounded more like something else.

A battle cry.

The voice was familiar however, was it Akame? Without putting in much effort I saw a figure race through the titans, slicing them with expert precision. 3 more figures followed.

I sighed happily, this had to be my squad. That's when I recognized the person at front, that was Lillian without a doubt.

I took of, not needing much gas to get to the scene. It slightly horrified me to see all the limbs and human remains on the ground.

I shrugged it off and fired to the new horde, another figure hot on my tail. It's height the dead give away of his identity. Well, more lack of height.

"You take left, I take right?" I asked into the microphone and I swear I could hear his grin over the ear piece.

"If only you can keep up." I looked back and saw Hanji taking notes in a tree.

"On it, this will now become a competition." I heard her voice over the ear piece. This is gonna be glorious.

I started on the right side as I told Levi. I counted the titans, there were 15 total, most around the 7 meters tall.

I fired my hooks right into the titans eyes as I flew closer. I let loose one of the hooks so I could fly around his head and make my way towards their nape. All went well so far, 1 down and many to go.

The one huge difference this encounter had in comparison to others was the amount of titans and missing the effect of surprise. And thus, while flying towards my next target I failed to miss a hand swatting my way. Harshly hitting me in the back and sending me towards the ground.

Thankfully I wasn't too high up yet but the force of impact did its damage. I slid a few meters through the dirt on my back. I was lucky to not have hit any stones but as I sat up I felt a familiar pain in my rib. I turned to the sides a couple of times to test it, it wasn't broken as far as I could tell.

I quickly took in my situation, the titans were now focusing on us. Levi was basically a shadow moving through the air with his speed, and he had taken care of the titan that had presumably worked me into the dirt.

I stood up, a slight groan escaping my lips as I felt the nagging pain from my rib cage, I should be fine however. I took off without spending much more time on the ground, using titans and trees to work my way up.

"Are you okay midget?" A monotone voice sounded in my ear. I looked at his direction and nodded, and I could see he saw my reaction.

"It's gonna take a bit more to get me down than than I would say." Without much more work we took care of the titans. My score was 6 titans while Shortstack was ahead with 9. Before we had a chance to note anything about it a concerning  made it's way through the earpiece.

Browtastic.

"They're targeting the supply carts as far as we can see." Levi and I immediately headed back to the main area where my team was still fighting, and the amount of titans was building up.

"Erwin, Levi and Hanji meet me up in the tree beside the supply carts, I might have an idea on how to solve this." And indeed, within the minute all the fellow leaders stood beside me on a large branch in the tree.

"My proposal is that my team and I stay here to take care of these titans, while y'all take your chance and head north from here. Find a save-ish place to set up camp for tonight, and we will find you when this is taken care off."

"No." Levi was the first to respond and obviously he just wants to fuck me over.

"What other idea ya got then shorty?" Before we could continue our bickering Erwin broke is apart.

"I'd rather not admit it but we might have to, we will need Levi's squad to protect the wounded and the supplies and we won't be able to run if we have this amount of titans on our tail." Hanji butted in, serious this time without a trace of her usual excitement or craziness.

"I'd be the last to admit it but we will not survive if we don't head out of here fast. I assume we're taking this plan?" Her question sounded more like a statement and Erwin nodded. Levi reluctantly gave in as well.

Hanji and Erwin left again, I was about to follow their lead when Levi's hand on my arm pulled me back.

"I'm expecting you not to die out here." His serious steel blue eyes piercing mine.

"I'm not expecting this to be my end either so I guess we're on the same page now." I grinned his way while I turned around.

"By the way I totally slaughtered you with my score just now." I spinner back around on my heels only to see him take off. I might've seen a ghost of a smile in his face, but I couldn't see for sure due to his speed.

I talked into the microphone to my team,

"You all heard what the men said, let's kill those sons of a bitch." I laughed as I stepped off the branch, free falling my way down when I shot my hooks in a nearby tree and took of for real now.

Lillian's POV

I had retreated back into a tree with new orders from Y/n, I were to look out for new hordes of titans  and secure Demian's who was beside me trying to create a couple of grenades from some materials he had with him and scratch.

The others just took off with the supply's, I didn't really pay attention to that though. I gazed back towards the ongoing fight between my family and the titans. The team was the closest to a family I ever got, and if not fighting or training it wasn't odd for us to actually behave like a family.

I saw Y/n move between the titans and trees, her concentrated gaze giving away her seriousness in the situation. Yet I swore I could see a collected smile on her face, something she didn't often do. Though I assume I can't know what she's been through in the past so I can hardly blame her.

Her captivated look and her calculated movements had something mesmerizing about them. They looked harsh yet elegant, it was as if she was dancing with the swords.

"All done, this'll get them for sure." Demian's voice harshly broke my train of thoughts. I nodded at him as he fastened the little balls on his belt.

"Good luck then." I said and smiled at him, I received a heartwarming smile back as he took off. I started looking around again, I wanted to see how far the others had gotten but I couldn't at this height in the tree. Too many branches and leaves in the way.

I hooked my gear to the branch I was on and jumped off, slowly descending down until my goal was in sight. The soldiers had gotten quite far, but even though they were moving forward a lot of people were looking back.

Maybe mesmerized with the same person that had caught my attention earlier. The proud and brave leader, our leader, Y/n.