|[52]|

You had managed to mostly ignore them without putting in the effort of killing them, and spare your gas doing it.

-------------------
Jieun walked through the forest, her eyes watching her surroundings as she looked around for a place to spent the upcoming night. In the end she decided that the branch of a tree would make due, and as she sat down she got lost in her thoughts.

How in the world had she even managed to find her way into this insane situation? Her mind trailed off track as she remembered,

"And why should I try that out?" Her eyebrow was raised at the men in front of her, one of the few people she could call higher ups.

"We have let ground soldiers try it out but we've yet to hear from them." One of the two spoke, yet the female only rolled her eyes in return.

"So you send a group of soldiers to their death, good stuff, what does that have to do with me." She demanded, the man turning stern as he looked at her, "do not show me that attitude Jieun."

"I want to know why you are making me try this, father." She spit out the title of the man that deserved it the least in the entire world. The man only sighed in response, "we have reason to believe they have been transported to the past."

Now her curiosity was peaked, "say what now?"

The elder man sat down in a nearby chair, his hand moving through his hair as he started the story, "it took a while for us to find anything about where they disappeared to. It was on accident where one of our researchers found in a book that spoke of foreigners appearing in a forest at a cliffside."

"That literally could've been anyone." Jieun huffed as she leaned against a wall, "there is no saying that they were actually our people."

The man opened his jacket and his hand moved to grab something from an inside pocket. When it reemerged it held a folded piece of paper that he handed to his daughter.

"The symbol they wore looks awfully similar to our logo, doesn't it Jieun?" His eyes narrowed as the female looked at the unfolded paper and nodded her head, "it's a match."

He observed her, although she was his daughter they hardly had a relationship that showed that. From the beginning people doubted her abilities and rumoured she only reached her current position because of her father. She had distanced herself because of that from the start, knowing those rumours would pop up no matter what.

She folded the paper and returned it to the older man, "doesn't explain why I need to go there, let alone what I should even do there." She concluded skeptically.

"Currently you're our best option to go, we'll send troops one by one over as well. Your objective will be to infiltrate that time and unite everyone under our flag." He looked at his daughter, noting how the greed and thirst for power longed in her eyes.

He knew it was a good offer, she'd rule the world back there, a position higher than anything she could ever achieve here. He smartly didn't mention the time she'd land in, he knew it was the titan era. Beyond that, he had read that the forest was one of the largest inside the walls.

He had seen the ruins, the structures were absolutely massive.

She'd have to find her way out on her own, he knew many they send hadn't met that same fate.

"Why dont you want to send any of the others?" She spoke, she too had realized how great this offer actually was, and was immediately suspicious why they would hand her this opportunity.