|[28]|

Lillian stood up, "well I guess that's our cue then."

----

The two of you continued your way throughout the empty streets of the underground. You hadn't found anything of use thusfar and you were growing more agitated by the second.

"How large is this fucking place?!" You cursed as you kicked away a stone on the path.

"Tch, have patience brat." Levi responded as he kept walking.

"Where are we even going?!"

"We're finding your brat." Levi said simply as you threw your hands into the air in defeat.

After awhile of walking you turned onto a street that seemed abandoned like many others. You however halted in your step as you noticed two others on the street. A male and female with similar gear to you, it seemed slightly different however. They  wore modern looking goggles on their head, they might have been night vision glasses, you couldn't make out.

Levi turned around to look at you and saw you focussing on the couple that was ahead of you. They were quite a bit ahead, and therefore thankfully didn't notice the two of you.

Levi grabbed your upper arm as he hissed at you, "we probably won't stand out to them, act fucking normal." You complied as you walked with him, eyes trained on the pair as you kept dead silent.

Spotting your behavior out of the corner in his eyes, Levi rolled his eyes. He pulled on your arm as he harshly whispered, "I said act fucking normal."

You seemed to have gotten his message as you turned your head to him, smiling as you started talking about random things. It would've been a great change if you weren't in the underground, where people weren't as bubbly.

Someone didn't seem to grasp the concept of "act like a normal human being" Levi rolled his eyes as he held back from glaring you to death.

You looked at his annoyed glare, and you took a look around, realizing that people this indeed wasn't how people behaved. You looked down, trying to imitate what you had seen people do.

You held Levi's sleeve and held in your step for a moment to walk behind him for a slight bit. You hadn't seen any female here look confident or sure of herself. Although you couldn't stand it, you acted vulnerable as you had seen the woman do. Of course there must've been exceptions to the rule but you had yet to see them.

The couple that was still a good 20 meters ahead of you looked back as they heard people behind them. They looked skeptical at the poor performance you put up, noting the gear around your waist and your behavior didn't quite match. They had seen others walk around with the gear, so they dismissed that but all of them had looked proud and confident.

Levi who quickly noticed their skepticism was quick to act. He pulled you lose of him and pushed you in front of him on the ground. You, who obviously hadn't seen this coming as you looked at the ground, was somewhat startled and indeed stumbled to the ground as you turned to him.

"Damnit woman! I didn't get that gear for you to clamp on my arm, be useful for once. It wasn't cheap to get this y'know!" He spoke loudly, but not oddly so and made sure the audience could hear his little performance.

"I...I'm sorry!" You had caught on what was happening as you stood up, still trying to play your part. You stood up as you walked to your spot beside him, less close this time but still looking towards the ground.

Levi just clicked his tongue as he glanced back at the couple, he saw the male shrug as the female pointed at them, and they continued walking. Levi could feel the female beside him grow more and more annoyed at their little act they had to keep up, and he smirked, although it was kept secret in the empty street with no one to witness. He knew all too well this whole little act went completely against your usual character.