Cԋαρƚҽɾ 28:

September 16, 1993

It was an extremely awkward car ride, the only thing you could hear was the radio playing. Devante hasn't said a word to Ranae since they left the house and she wasn't going to force him to, she already knew he was still on edge about going to talk to her parents. He's been complaining about it for a week now.

Ranae wasn't changing her mind though, they needed to go and get this over with. She might've not admitted it at first but she actually felt good about going to see her parents, she just hope their still not upset as they were at the beginning of the year. Till this day neither of them picked up the phone to check in on her and that alone told her that they felt betrayed, that Ranae walked out when they were trying to look out for her.

She still thinks that she should be able to live her life the way she wants without her parents telling her what and what not to do. Demarcus was right, this talk needed to happen and hopefully both pairs come to an understanding.

"How you feeling?" Ranae broke the silence between the two.

Donald licked his lips and cleared his throat "I wanna go home." He simply said and that caused Ranae to roll her eyes.

"Come on De, this will be over before you know it. Their probably not even mad anymore."

"We don't know that shit though, and at this point I'm not putting on a front no more. They can't control what we got going on."

"I agree they can't, but I can't just ignore my parents forever. All we need to do is talk this out and come to an understanding."

"Alright." He said not even wanting to talk about it right now and Ranae could clearly hear it in his voice.

She smacked her lips and shook her head at him "Lose the tude please, if anything I'm the one who should be worked up about this. Their my parents and I'm the one who walked out after talking to them crazy, I would be surprised if they even allowed me back into the apartment after that disrespect." She ranted.

He licked his lips with a smirk "I didn't tell you to go that hard for me."

"Oh please, like you didn't pull out a million dollar script and lie with a straight face. You even had me convinced and we both knew that was bullshit."

"You felt like I forced you to do shit?" He suddenly asked, that smirk quickly disappearing.

She nibbled on her bottom lip, not being able to answer right away because she had to really think about it. Donald has had many tricks up his sleeves, he has a way with words. He really had Ranae doing whatever it is he said in the snap of a finger. Sure he was a genius at manipulation but she doesn't think he ever forced her to do something she didn't want to. Well maybe just one or two times.

"Sometimes." She finally answered, being truthful with him. De furrowed his brows and before he could ask, she put him on the spot "When we went to California and you made me drink, then fifteen minutes later were in one of the guest rooms tangled up in the sheets."

"I mean I told you to loosen up and have a drink, that's not that bad." He said like it was nothing.

"I'm not even 21 yet."

He sighed "So? It's teens younger than you drinking and smoking nowadays." He had a point but Ranae still felt it was a bit much for her "And what you trying to say, I forced you to have sex with me that night?"

Ranae quickly shook her head, not trying to make him feel some type of way "No De, everything we did so far was consensual." She reassured him though the first time they ever had sex, she was only seventeen.