Cԋαρƚҽɾ 41:

April 2, 1994

Showing up to this courtroom today was the last thing Devante wanted to do. He was in some deep shit now and thought about not showing up at all, but he'll be dammed if he gave the police a reason to pull up to his house.

So he thought, fuck it, let's just get it over with. He made sure to spend money on a good ass lawyer, there was no way he wanted to go down for something so petty to him.

All kind of things ran through his head once he walked in and finally saw Ranae sitting on the opposite side of the room, with her family and lawyer. Her lip still looked a bit swell, but his face was also fucked up. Both knew this was gonna be a long day.

De didn't know how to react, he didn't know rather to say sorry to her a hundred times, or curse her out for putting him through this. He was so use to her running back to him, he didn't think she would ever turn on him like this.

Him and his lawyer took their seats and Donald kept glancing over at Ranae who wasn't paying him any mind. At this point she was really over Devante, she didn't have anything else to say to him.

There's only one thing they got in common right now, they both were ready to get this over with. Ranae didn't wanna see Donald ever again after today, he on the other hand, wouldn't mind sneaking up on her again and again.

"We are here today for the hearing between Ranae Stewart and Donald Degrate Jr. The case is domestic abuse." The judge started and De leaned further back into his chair.

"This some petty shit." Devante thought to himself.

Though De came off crazy, he had enough sense to show up to this court hearing with just as much evidence as Ranae. She pulled multiple shit with him that could land her in jail too, and if she wanted to throw him under the bus, he was gonna do the same.

"Now accusations is one thing, but do you have any proof of Mr. Degrate's abuse?"

"Yes your honor." Ranae simply said and slid over her evidence for her lawyer to present. 

Inside her folder was photos her mother took of the bruises caused by Devante. Her scraped up back, her bruised chest, and her swollen lip that was much bigger the previous week. You could clearly still see it if you stared long enough. Also inside was the receipt she got from the insurer after De vandalized her car.

Her lawyer passed it over and the judge quickly took it, ready to observe what they presented.

Donald anxiously tapped his foot while staring at the side of Ranae's head. She could feel his eyes on her but didn't wanna pay him any mind.

The judge cleared his throat and looked over and Donald and his lawyer "Very well." He said while lookin between them and the paper "I see here clear evidence of abuse, and the receipt for vandalizing her vehicle." He told De who just scoffed in his chair "I suppose you came in empty handed." He assumed.

"Oh I came with just enough evidence, and a witness Your honor." De corrected him with a petty smirk.

That's when Ranae turned her head to see that the one and only Trina was sitting on the other side of the room, ready to take up for Devante.

Ranae rolled her eyes, surprised but not surprised that Trina was back around. Donald couldn't pass up this chance as using her as a quick witness since she was there the first night Ranae flew off the hinges.

Devante's lawyer presented his evidence which included pictures of his bruised face and the receipt for vandalism. The only thing he had on Ranae, was just 1 witness, he figured that would really make things look worst for her.