Cԋαρƚҽɾ 24:

March 24, 1993

For the past three days Ranae's been keeping the conversation short with Devante. She was still bothered by what he pulled three nights ago and still never apologized for it, neither did he send the girls on their way. She had enough of him playing in her face and expecting her to just accept it.

Wrong one.

Her friends are still in the city, but she hasn't went back out since that night. She didn't really have any plans and she still didn't like the idea of having Marvin follow her around, it was pointless because she didn't go out getting into trouble.

Ranae still planned to get Devante back though, and today would be the perfect day to get under his skin. This time she was gonna set him off and she knew the perfect way how.

Donald walked out of his bedroom and stopped in front of Ranae's door while shaking his head. Today he had to leave her here all alone, he had business to handle today and he knew for a fact she wasn't in the mood to tag along.

He slowly opened the door and saw that she was still asleep, tucked under the covers. He smirked to himself and walked in, going over towards the bed. She was slightly snoring and her bandana was somewhat slipping upward.

Leaning down to kiss her temple, he smirked and continued down to her cheek causing her to stir in her sleep "Ranae." His deep voice went into her ear.

She fluttered her eyes open and squinted "What?" She croaked out being that she was half sleep.

"You still mad at me?" He suddenly asked with a slick smirk which didn't amuse Ranae, not this early in the morning. She ignored him anyways and turned on her side, causing his smirk to fall "Aye, I'm talking to you."

"Mmmh." She mumbled trying to go back to sleep.

Donald stood up anyway because he didn't have time to waste trying to get a simple conversation out of her "Aight check this out, imma be out for some hours. I got shit to do today with the guys and should be back around eight tonight." He notified her and though she was trying to sleep, she was still listening "You staying inside today?"

"Yep." She simply answered, if she wasn't so tired she would be grinning under the covers. She knew exactly what she had planned today.

Devante smacked his lips and stared at her "I don't trust yo lil ass, I think you gone try to sneak outta here without Marvin. You know he just one phone call away." He reminded her.

There he go reminding her that she has a bodyguard which she didn't feel was necessary.

Now she smacked her lips and finally turned back towards him "I said I was staying in for the day, you don't need to call your boy."

Devante thought to himself that he should've never told her what time he would be back. In that case she could leave without telling him and try to beat him back to the house, the way she been acting lately tells him she would try to pull it.

"Yeah aight." He said and stood up straight, backing up towards the door cause time was ticking "Don't try to pull no shit." He warned and this time she rolled her eyes while turning away.

Once she heard the room door closed she mumbled to herself "You don't own me."

.............................................................

The group had a performance to do for a live promotional album for MTV uptown unplugged today and unlike Devante, the rest of the guys were excited. De on the other hand was somewhat over performing the same songs that came out two years ago, he was ready to drop some new hits.