Cԋαρƚҽɾ 5: Iƚ'ʂ αʅɾιɠԋƚ.

November 5, 1991

"Wait tell me your lying!" Crystal said In both excitement and shock. Ranae spent the night over her house since she got tired of being around every other person. Crystal didn't mind though, her being the only child was no fun at all. She had just told her about when she and Devante shared a kiss in the janitors closet "Is he a good kisser?"

"I promise you I'm telling the truth, and yeah he had your girl dumbfounded after that wet kiss" Ranae said then covered her face at the words that just left her mouth.

Crystal playfully hit her arm "So what happened after that? I need the full story, how did all this even start"

"There's no full story it just...happened" Ranae shrugged "After that he told me to call him that night and I did" The night they talked on the phone she was just waiting for De to speak about the kiss but he didn't. He talked to her about everything else but that and it honestly confused her.

She didn't want to end up in a stupid situation if she ever got involved with this dude.

Crystal nodded with a smirk "Am I the only person that knows?" She asked.

"Yeah, your the first and only person I told" It had nothing to do with favoritism, Ranae knows the other girls can be a bit judgmental though they were all best friends. They never took it to the heart though, for years now the girls could get over one expressing their opinion in a harsh way. Their bond was just that strong "You know the rest of them is gone have a field day about this and try to lecture me" She chuckled.

"Girl wasn't they the same ones who pressured you into calling the man? I don't wanna hear anything smart coming out of their mouths about this"

Crystal was right, and Ranae was still shocked that she was practically getting close to a famous guy she had a crush on since he stepped on the scene. The fact that she has his number, talks to him and even shared a kiss still seems so surreal to her.

Ranae nodded agreeing with her before asking "What you think though?"

"Well first off I'm jealous that devante swing gave you some tongue" She said and they both snickered. Suddenly Crystal becomes stuck trying to get the other half out "But I-I mean...I wouldn't want you to get in any trouble or anything"

"That's what I was thinking but the more we talk the less I care about our age gap, but then again I don't wanna take any chances"

"What are you gonna do if that man catches a case because of you?"

"Hey I'm not leading him on" Ranae quickly defended herself "He should be smart enough to not try and get involved with me or at least wait till I'm of age"

Crystal sighed dramatically before speaking "What if you just stop calling him all then?"

"That'll just make him want to talk to me even more" She fell back onto the bed and looked up at the ceiling with a sigh "Look Crystal it was just a kiss, it's not like I dropped my panties for the guy"

"Yet!" Was all Crystal said and Ranae popped her head up giving her a serious look "I'm not the only one who thinks that though, you two are going to obviously grow feelings for each other then--"

"I'm not catching feelings for Devante" Ranae said honestly "I'm literally just a fan he wanted to get to know, his words not mine" She told her but even she knew that wasn't going to be the case in the long run. Some guys are just big flirts like Devante and that's what it'll always be between him and Ranae. Flirting. Nothing more, nothing less like a relationship.