Cԋαρƚҽɾ 18:

November 20, 1992

It was going on three in the morning and Devante was locked in his studio all alone working on music. He was becoming bored but didn't wanna get up and leave. The beat blaring through the speakers and alcohol kept him company while coming up with lyrics to a new song. He sat the pen down and sighed in frustration, only one person was on his mind at this time and it definitely wasn't Trina.

Donald hasn't spoken to Trina since the summer time after she lashed out in that hotel room. He could care less though, to him all she was was somebody to keep company until he could get with Ranae. That may sound bogus but it's true, he don't feel the same way about her that he does Ranae.

Him and Ranae have been talking for weeks now since their little reunion, he liked the attention he was receiving from her and wanted it to stay that way. Now that her lil friends all went to college she didn't have anybody breathing down her neck every second of the day. Donald would pop up unexpected at her job at the Donut joint sometimes just to joke with her and she didn't seem to have a problem with it.

Glancing over at the telephone he rolled his chair towards it and sat it in his lap with a grin on his face. He dialed her number, memorizing each digit till this day. Looking over at the clock he saw that it was only 2:54 am She shouldn't be that tired he thought.

It rung for a few until he finally heard movement on the other end.

"Hello?" She answered sounding more than tired.

"I miss you" Was the first thing to leave his mouth and he gave a huge smirk as if she could see him"I wish you could be here in the studio with me right now"

Ranae sighed into the phone "Sorry play boy but that's not going to happen, it's almost three in the morning De and I'm tired"

"You couldn't have been that tired being that you answered my phone call, were you waiting for me to hit you up or something?" He picked with her and it was silent on the other end for a second.

Click...

He jerked his neck back completely appalled at what the hell she just did "I know her lil ass didn't just hang up on me" He said to himself before dialing her number again. It rung for a while before she finally decided to pick up. When she did he could hear her giggling as if what she did was funny.

"The hell wrong with you?"

"Don't assume that I'm not tired and just waiting for you to call then, you interrupted my sleep"

He shook his head with a grin before changing the topic completely "Anyways, you got somewhere to be in the morning?"

"It is morning though..."

He smacked his lips at her childish antics but she was getting a kick out of it "You know what I mean smart ass"

Ranae yawned before answering "No I finally have an off day, why?"

"I wanna come and get you, now" He told her straight up and once again Ranae got silent. Donald could just tell that she had a confused look on her face, but he was serious about heading out just to see her.