Cԋαρƚҽɾ 27:

September 9, 1993

Things were back to normal for Donald and Ranae, or at least almost. Ranae was more than surprised to see De kept his act together for six months straight. They didn't have any intense arguments, just disagreements that they both moved on about.

After Devante apologized at Ranae's job, she didn't come back to his house right away. It took her a few more days to be sure about it but when she did, she made sure to have a well needed talk with Devante. She didn't like the fact that he always wanted her in the house as some type of prisoner and discussed her disagreement about her so called bodyguard.

She felt that Devante shouldn't have to question her every time she wanted to go out with her friends, it was unnecessary and somewhat controlling. She didn't need a set of rules or extra set of eyes on her whenever she wasn't at the house. He didn't have to worry about Jarvis because he has a girlfriend now anyway.

Yeah, he finally turned his attention towards a different girl. If Ranae wanted so badly to stay with Donald then what could he do? There's no hard feelings though, they're still cool.

De was a bit hesitant at first about making any changes but he understood where she was coming from. He still felt like she needed Marvin when he wasn't around her but Ranae shut that down completely.

Donald still had Marvin on speed dial whenever he would need him though.

Another thing they talked about is this situationship they were in, Ranae needed honest answers and that's just what Donald gave her. She got so pissed off at him saying he didn't see it as a real relationship until De told her he was willing to be with her and only her. That meant not entertaining any groupies at studio sessions, concerts, and for sure meant not bringing them into the house.

Donald was okay with going along with all of this if it meant Ranae staying with him. He wasn't gonna let her slip through his fingers that easily.

He even came out and said he was seeing someone on video soul, he never mentioned Ranae name but he let it be known that he had a girlfriend.

For those suspicious girls that showed up to the award show or after party knew for a fact he was talking about little miss thing that tagged along with the band. It wasn't rocket science though Donald felt like this was a top secret. At this point he didn't care if the word got out about who he's seeing behind the cameras.

"We should go out to eat tonight." Ranae simply said as she occupied Donald's lap, playing with the soundboard.

"Why?"

"What do you mean why? You spend way too much time in this studio, it's about time you leave the house just to do something nice, for once."

Ranae was more than right, she herself grew tired of seeing Devante in the studio every single day. De didn't even care though, he was writing down lyrics for the guys albums they would be dropping this year. He was gonna make sure it was done and out before the end of 93.

He sighed and leaned his forehead against her back "I don't know.."

Ranae smacked her lips "Come on now De, you are so unromantic that's about to make me lose interest." She told him and he jerked his neck back as if that was offensive, but Ranae meant it "We've never went on a date, just sat around in the car or the studio eating fast food." She reminded him.