Cԋαρƚҽɾ 33: Jσԃҽƈιԃαʅ Hσƚʅιɳҽ

December 22, 1993
2:18 am

Ranae couldn't fall asleep for a shit, she would close her eyes for five minutes and still couldn't doze off. She opened her eyes once again and checked the time, noticing it was now two in the morning. Sighing, she turned her head and saw Devante knocked out cold, breathing steady.

She rolled her eyes at the sight of him and just wanted to pop him in the mouth one good time. Though they made up before they left the club, Ranae couldn't seem to stop thinking about how De acted a ass in front of everybody. If he's snatching her up like that in public, it'll just get worst behind closed doors.

She didn't like how he was talking to Jarvis either, all he was doing was looking out for her. It's as if Donald didn't want her out of his presence at all, he was starting to feel like a bodyguard or something, always shielding her from everything & everybody. He isn't protective though, just possessive and always manhandling her when he feels like it.

Thinking about all this made her feel it was one of those days when she needed space. Not staying in a different room and ignoring him kind of space, but getting away from this house period.

Slowly removing the covers from over her, she gently scooted out the bed trying not to wake him. Once she did, she made her over to the dresser, pulling out a pair of pants to slip on. She watched Donald the entire time she slipped on her shoes, hoping he wouldn't wake up.

Grabbing her keys and squeezing them in her hands so they wouldn't make a sound, she slowly strolled to the door.

As soon as she twisted the knob and opened the door slowly, Devante turned his head and caught her "Where you think you going?" His deep but raspy voice asked, making Ranae stop dead in her tracks.

She glanced over her shoulder and seen he was still in bed though it was somewhat dark in the room "I'm just going out for a drive." She lied, where she really wanted to go was home for the rest of the morning, her real home.

He sighed and turned on the lamp next to the bed "Close the door Ranae." He ordered and sat up in the bed.

She furrowed her brows "Why?"

Standing up from the bed, he slowly started walking towards her "Just close the door so I can talk to you." He said and didn't even give her a chance to close it, he did it himself, placing his arm on the side of her head. He nodded towards the bed and Ranae mentally rolled her eyes before storming over to sit on the edge "Whats going on with you?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to go out for a ride."

"At two in the morning? Come on now Ranae, I ain't stupid so stop lying to me." He told her and walked over to squat down in front of her "Why was you really trying to sneak out of here?"

Ranae groaned and threw her head back, she knew if she wouldn't give him a honest answer they would be here all night staring each other down. Donald wasn't gonna let her leave the room at all if she didn't spit it out either.

"I wanted to go home." She simply said.

"What you mean? You is at home." He assured her with a confused look though he knew what she was getting at "You live with me baby girl, it's been that way for a while now." He reminded her.