Cԋαρƚҽɾ 23:

March 21, 1993

Ranae woke up squinting her eyes to the light and turned the pillow over to the cooler side. She was extremely hot for some reason and it wasn't even summer yet. She turned on her right side and seeing Devante standing near the door instantly made her heart race.

She shot up holding her chest with furrowed brows "Whats wrong with you?" She croaked out breathing heavy and watched as he looked at her with a straight face.

"What's wrong with me...?" He chuckled sinisterly "Nah what's wrong with you baby girl? You ain't say one word to me when you got back, I didn't even know you were here. I had to come check the rooms."

She laid back down and faced the ceiling "That was the point."

"Care to explain why then?"

"Nope." She said popping the p. Donald's blood was starting to boil at how nonchalant she was being. It was too early in the morning for this but he needed answers.

"What the fuck is your deal kid, why the attitude?" He asked stepping into the room all the way. Ranae snapped her neck at him not knowing if she should be mad at him for swearing at her or calling her kid but he didn't even care.

"Why do you think I have an attitude De? You were constantly paging me last night and it was getting on my nerves. I already told you I would come in when I was ready, I wasn't out with strangers Donald, I was with my friends."

"Aight I understand that, I just didn't want you staying out that late. Anything could've happened, it's crazy out there."

"No you just hate the fact that I actually have friends to hang with, I don't need to stay up under you all day Donald, were not joined by the hip. I still like to go out with my girls and not stay locked up in your house all day until you have somewhere to go." She told him straight up but he didn't like her response.

"I never said you had to follow me around like a lost puppy—"

"You didn't but we both know you want me too." She cut him off and he quickly licked his lips. He doesn't know where the old Ranae went but she needs to come back out quickly, whoever he was talking to now seemed to be too much for him.

He was growing tired of all the lip she's been giving.

Devante sighed and rubbed his hands down his face "Whatever, I'll let you think that." He shook his head and turned to leave the room, leaving it at that. He couldn't admit that she was right though, he indeed wanted Ranae to follow him around. He craved her attention and ever since yesterday she's been acting real different towards him.

"I'm going out again today." She announced with a sly smirk on her face just to tick him off. She knew Devante was in denial about wanting her around every second of the day.

He glanced over his shoulder with the same smirk "I want you to." He told her and left the room completely. Ranae wasn't no fool, just by the way he said that let her know he was gonna pull something.

He had a trick up his sleeve anyway that would really make little Ranae wanna curse him out. She wanted to whine about this and that like a stuck up kid, then that's exactly how she's about to get treated.

................................................................

It was going on four in the afternoon and Ranae finally pranced down the stairs towards the living area. She had plans to ride out to the city with her friends being that she hasn't been in the neighborhood since January.