Cԋαρƚҽɾ 19: ρƚ 2.

December 16, 1992
11: 03 pm.

Donald didn't blame Ranae for falling asleep in the car, it took a hour and a half just to pull up to his street. Luckily it was still her birthday and all he wanted her to do was appreciate what he pulled together for her. He didn't see it as anything extravagant but at least it shows that he cared about this big day.

He turned the radio down that was playing soul music and smirked over at Ranae who was knocked out, lightly snoring and all. Leaning over towards her ear to kiss her earlobe, he whispered "Baby girl" which came out deep and raspy.

Ranae eyes slowly fluttered open and she squinted over at Donald who was all in her personal space. He just continued to grin at her which made her say "Your such a creep" she sat up completely.

"You love it though" He said and turned the car off. Ranae reached down trying to grab her overnight bag but he beat her to it "I got it" He simply said.

Ranae couldn't help but to giggle, this wasn't the usual with De so she found him being sweet somewhat comical "Look at you trying to be a gentleman" she teased.

"Would you rather me be a dick instead?" He questioned her and Ranae threw her hands up in surrender. She wanted so badly to say that he's always a dick but that'll probably ruin the moment. Just this once she'll let him get away with the slick comment.

They both got out the car and Ranae hoped that de threw some salt down on the path at least. The last thing she wanted was to bust her ass in front of him on the slippery ground. Walking steady towards the stairs, Donald stared at her with a stale face since he didn't wanna stay out in the cold forever. It seemed like he would at the pace she was moving.

She caught him glaring and raised a brow "What?"

"I get that you being caution or whatever but it's not slippery over here, I shoveled earlier and I threw salt down while at it" He assured her and she sighed in relief. Donald randomly jogged to the stairs just so she'll believe him and Ranae let out a snicker at how he ran "See" He shrugged.

"Whatever" She waved him off and started walking at a normal pace while de unlocked the front door.

"Now when you get in here take your shoes off, I don't want all that slushy shit getting on my tile floor" He told her and Ranae rolled her eyes because she was gonna do that anyway.

He unlocked the door and they both got inside, taking their boots off and leaving them by the door. Sitting her overnight bag down, he asked for her coat which she gladly gave to him to hang up.

That little nap Ranae took in the car almost made her forget that it was still her birthday. She was anxious to see what Donald put together being that he went the whole day bragging about it. She just stood there rubbing her hands up and down her arms and waited for him.

He glanced over his shoulder and shook his head with a grin "Now you wanna stand there like a stranger like you ain't been all through her before" He picked with her and she side eyed him. After closing the closet door he walked over and swung his arm over her shoulder "Naw but I do wanna show you something, it ain't nothing major but it's a little something"

Ranae raised her brows in excitement and allowed him to lead her to the kitchen area. The lights were a bit dimmed but she could clearly see what he had sat up on the island. Two candles were lit on each side along with balloons and cupcakes were in the middle. Behind that, Donald had sat up all her gift bags from dolce & gabanna and Chanel.

A wide smile spread across her face and she placed her hands over her heart "Awwww" She cooed and Donald chuckled, thankful that she was grateful for this "All this for me?" She rhetorically asked just for giggles.