Cԋαρƚҽɾ 14: Fσɾҽʋҽɾ ɱყ ʅαԃყ ρƚ 1.

June 1, 1992

Ranae held her stomach wincing in pain as she made her way to the bathroom for the third time today. She didn't know if she caught the flu or what but this was getting ridiculous. She kneeled down and hurled over the toilet letting everything she ate today pour into the toilet. Her eyes began getting glossy and she sighed not liking the feeling at all.

Her older brother Demarcus walked past the bathroom once again with a bowl of cereal and just looked while shaking his head. Their mother shoved him out of the way since he wasn't being no help at all "Baby this is the third time you stuck your head in the toilet today, you need to take this medicine again" She told her.

Ranae groaned and moved her hair out of her face being that she had to drink the nasty medicine once again, but at this point it was better than having the taste of throw up on her tongue.

"What all you eat today?" Demarcus asked while their mother prepared the cup of medicine.

"Just breakfast, I've been feeling sick since yesterday though" Ranae assured them before covering her mouth to burp. She doesn't think it's because of what she's ate though, other than puking her brains out she has a headache and feeling the need to pee every other minute.

It was all slowly starting to make sense but she couldn't open her mouth to any of her family members. There's only one explanation for this and Ranae is proud nobody has figured it out yet. Her parents see her as a sweetheart who knows better than to go out having sex at a young age so that would be the last thing to come to their minds.

She quickly drunk the medicine and hated the taste lingering in her mouth "Now if that doesn't work then we'll just have to book you a doctors appointment" Her mother said rinsing the cup out. Ranae nodded anyway though she already just made a plan to make a quick run to the store for a pregnancy test.

After washing her mouth out and cleaning her hands, she left out of the bathroom and into the kitchen with Demarcus. There was no way she was about to eat anything else, she just came to check if their was any ginger ale in the fridge.

"I don't even want you four feet away from me, I ain't trying to catch the flu next" He picked with her and she rolled her eyes scamming the inside of the fridge. Luckily she did find a ginger ale in there, nice and cold.

"Leave me alone Demarcus, I'm not in the mood today"

"Aight let me cut the foolishness" He said placing his dish in the sink but gave Ranae the side eye "I ain't gone jump to conclusions and act like I know what's going on with you but I know when something is up" He assured her with a straight face.

"What is that suppose to mean? I just threw up and now you think it's more to the puzzle? No, I just had too much to eat today" She shrugged trying to convince not only him but herself that that's all it was.

"Yeah right, all I know is you better not did something you ain't have no business doing" He told her and she couldn't even look him in the eye "I overheard you leaving out the house after prom saying you going over Crystal house..." He quoted with his fingers "You can't fool me lil sis"

She sighed walking off not wanting to continue this conversation with him "Good to know" She mumbled going back into her room. She took a few sips of her ginger ale before slipping on some slides.