Cԋαρƚҽɾ 21:

January 25, 1993

Tonight was the American music awards and Ranae was happy to show up with Jodeci. This allowed her to get out of a bad mood after everything that happened two days ago. Neither of her parents called to get ahold of her but she didn't even care, she had nothing else to say to them. They kicked her out for christ sake.

Ranae still feels the same way she did when she left, like she didn't have to explain anything else to them because she wasn't a kid anymore.

Overall she likes the fact that she doesn't have to go around with Devante in secret now, her parents know that they're together and neither Ranae or Donald could care about the talk around town. It wasn't anybody business but theirs so there shouldn't be anymore explaining.

"You almost ready?" Devante asked as he watched Ranae comb her hair for what felt like the thousandth time tonight. She was over at he mirror for like a hour straight and he was growing impatient.

"Does it look like it?" She smartly asked as she glanced over her shoulder at him.

He quickly licked his lips and chuckled at her slick comment "Don't tell me you still got a attitude about everything that went down."

"I don't, I'm not even thinking about that anymore. What's done is done." She simply said like it wasn't bothering her at all. Deep down inside though, she was a bit salty about how everything unfolded but she wouldn't admit it.

"I like to hear that." De mumbled "I'm glad it's not bothering you anymore because they were bugging out. They shouldn't be able to control every aspect of your life, you feel me? You know exactly what you doing baby girl." He smirked over at her through the mirror.

"At least you get it."

"Of course I do, me and my brothers been there." He told her so she could see that he related to all of this before "But we ain't gotta worry about nobody getting in our way now, what's going on stays between me and you aight.."

"Deal." She grinned and sat the comb down since she was ready to head out.

Since the group were wearing all black, Ranae wanted to match them as they arrived to the award show. She had on a all black leather outfit that looked a bit tight but she was very comfortable in it. Her nails were polished black too and she made sure to add a little jewelry but not go overboard. She didn't smoother her lips with lipstick but it was still visible.

This was her first award show she would be attending and though the attention wasn't gonna be on her, she still wanted to look her best

She turned around to face Donald for his approval, he licked his lips and nodded "You look like you going out with a motorcycle crew." He joked with her and she raised a brow because him and his guys dressed the same way "But nah, I like it. You look fine as hell." He complimented.