Cԋαρƚҽɾ 40:

March 25, 1994

Though it's been almost two weeks since Ranae and Devante fought, she was still shook up about it. They were really going at it. He deserved every lick she hit him with though, and she didn't regret it.

When she got back home, the bruises were evident from the fight. From her swollen lip, her scraped up back, and the bruise on her chest from De constantly hitting her there.

Like Ranae, Donald didn't regret the fight either, he felt that he had to defend himself. He just hated that it went down like that, he didn't like that Ranae finally found out about the dirt he did. He didn't plan on telling her in the first place, since he didn't want any problems in the relationship.

The beans were gonna spill eventually, and neither was ready for it.

The night Ranae came home from the shit show, her daddy and Demarcus was ready to drive out to Devante's house. Her father grabbed his gun and started going off the hinges. The only thing that stopped them from going out was Ranae's mother looking at it from a different perspective.

She thought it wouldn't be a good idea to pull up to that mans house, he could have anything on him. He would also have the right to use his own weapon since they stormed onto his property. She didn't want the two getting hurt or time in jail.

Instead, her and Ranae went to the authorities, Devante was gonna pay for everything he did to her daughter. Ranae wasn't going to stop any of this at all, she washed her hands with Donald and figured he deserves everything coming his way.

Hearing three knocks on her room door, she peered over her shoulder and saw her father peak his head in.

"Can I come in?"

"Yeah." Ranae sighed and sat up, Indian style.

He kicked his house shoes off and hopped on the bed, making Ranae giggle "How you feeling?"

She sighed once again "Good actually, I'm just in here chilling."

"You good?" He asked with a raised brow, seeing right through his little girl "You telling me the truth?"

"Well, I'm still a bit shook up about everything but I'm trying to put it all behind me." She shrugged.

"That's what you need to do too, just put it all behind you. I don't want you in here thinking about all that reckless shit that went down, it's not healthy."

Though Ranae's been trying to put everything behind her, she couldn't help but to think about all the things Devante put her through. She should've knew from the beginning that the two of them didn't belong.

He got her pregnant when she wasn't ready and tried to turn it on her, continued to sweet talk groupies as if he wasn't trying to win her over. Manipulated her, pressured her into things she seemed uneasy about, and everything else under the sun.

Sadly it took him getting two other women pregnant for her to snap out and leave for good this time. Devante always seemed to put on the good boy act whenever he felt Ranae was going to up and leave him, he's did it plenty of times and acted a damn fool in the end. Ranae thought it would be genuine this time, but like always, he proved her wrong.

As she thought before, that promise ring didn't mean anything to him. It was just another one of his manipulation tactics. Ranae being the vulnerable girl she was, actually believed the words he was spewing.

"I know but it's like it never left my head, it'll take time you know. I guess I'm just letting everything sink in right now, I'm actually done with him." She told him, but the last sentence sound more like she was assuring herself that.