Cԋαρƚҽɾ 1: Pʅαყ Tԋαɳɠ.

Fall 1991
Omniscient

Closing her locker while holding her Economics book close to her chest, Ranae scurried down the school hallway so she wouldn't be late to her third period class again. They've only been in school for two weeks but she just summons failure since she's constantly late. It's not her fault though, the blame goes to her older brother who always wakes up late because he has nothing else to do with his life.

Walking into the class before the bell she made eye contact with her fellow classmates who were dressed like her in their khaki uniform pants and navy blue shirts. She made  her way to the seat in the back of the room which was aside from her two best friends Tarika and Monique. Taking a seat in the desk she sighed throwing her head back.

"Nae Nae boo what's wrong?" Tarika asked first.

"Nothing I'm just tired, I stayed up all night trying to do this damn homework" She told her now opening her folder to reveal her undone work "One of yawl got the answers?"

"Here I got it from the nerd up in the front" Monique said handing her the paper while playing with her braids with her free hand. She thanked her gladly taking the work to copy before it was time to turn it in "So have you ever paged ya boy back?" She asked.

Ranae quickly looked up from writing "And who might that be?" She raised an eyebrow.

Tarika smacked her lips "Now you know Jarvis fine ass has been crushing on you since sophomore year" She picked with Ranae trying to get her to crack a smile.

"How many times do I have to tell yawl, we are just friends" She said shrugging her shoulders "Nothin more nothin less, he's like a second brother to me"

They both waved her off as if she was lying though she was being completely honest. When it comes to her love life, Ranae likes to keep quiet. All the guys she hangs around admitted they had a crush on her once upon a time but she likes to keep things platonic so it wouldn't ruin her friendship with them.

Rumors even spread around the school that she was low key a lesbian once because no one ever saw her hooking up with a guy. She let it in one ear and out the other knowing damn well she wouldn't even put her mouth near a girls lips, BOTH sets.

Overall she can't see herself being in a relationship for a while because she has a lot to learn about love. Her being only 16 is a reason for her to not want to rush into anything. She isn't hot in the ass like majority of the girls in the school.

Her friends will say otherwise though. They've witnessed her talking about sex fantasies between her and whatever guy she found was hot.

Though she will say that she has a attitude problem and plenty of guys told her that she has a smart mouth on her. She already knew that though, Ranae could see herself driving her future man crazy. She ain't no saint, she has a temper. Her emotions being all over the place is a reason to why she dealt with things the wrong way.

"Look all I'm saying is he doesn't seem to bad, might just give you what you need" Her friend Monique spoke once again. Ranae didn't say anything else she just nodded to make it seem like she was actually thinking about what she just said.

"Ok aside from that, are you guys excited to go and see jodeci Saturday night!" Tarika changed the subject with a smirk on her face.