Cԋαρƚҽɾ 44: Sɯҽαƚყ

December 17, 1994

The newly couple felt like it was their honeymoon when they stepped foot in Hawaii. Though Ranae came through with the tickets, Jarvis felt he should take care of her being that they were technically here for her birthday. Which is why he hooked them up with a room at the Hilton resorts in Waikoloa village, in big island Hawaii.

Now he was far from rich but he wanted to go all out for her being this was their first trip together for some alone time. He felt spending almost $250 for five nights straight wasn't that bad, especially for Ranae.

They both saved up enough money for this getaway since July anyway.

"I could get use to this." Jarvis said, admiring the view as he and Ranae sat in the sand on the black sand beach. It was just them two out here and they liked it that way.

Everyone else was exploring the resort and the rest of Hawaii, but the two of them had five days to do just that. Just this one day they figured they could relax.

"Who you telling? I'll take this over cold ass New York any day." She shrugged.

"For real? You'll leave New York for good?" He asked with a raised brow.

"Ok maybe I'm just saying anything, but it would be nice to get away from the snow and every thing once in a while." She corrected herself and they both snickered.

She loved this tropical island already, but at the end of the day there's no place like home.

"Well if that's what you want then I can make it happen, once in a while." He assured her. She found it so cute how he would always try and fulfill her wishes. Ranae cheesed at him and pulled his chin to give him a kiss "So how you doing with school and everything? The work before winter break ain't no joke." He reassured her.

Being that Ranae rolled into college later than her friends, they always have her a heads up about certain things. She was a freshmen but it didn't seem like that, the work was a bit difficult but she was bringing her A game, she needed to if she wanted her degree.

Her and Jarvis attended different schools but they weren't that far apart, she didn't see it as them in a long distance relationship. Though Jarvis stayed in a dorm on campus, he would always check in with Ranae, everyday. Sometimes he might even pop up at her place on Saturdays and Sundays.

The only time they really get to see each other for more than two days, was when the two were on break. Which was now and they were gonna make the most of it.

Ranae was happy with him though, she may not be able to see him 24/7 but she wouldn't trade him for anything in the world.

"I'm doing alright, it's stressful but that's college for you. They wanna see just how passionate you are about your goals."

"True but I don't see how me sitting through a difficult ass biology class gone help with engineering." He scratched his chin.

She chuckled "Exactly, but that's their way of trying to get us to master all these subjects. Luckily with me, most of my classes will lead up to me getting my bachelors degree in psychology."

He nodded in agreement "That's wassup, you gone bring in a lot of money too."

"I know and so will you, engineers make a lot of money too." She reminded him.