Cԋαρƚҽɾ 9: Tɾҽαƚ U.

February 25, 1992

"Alright baby girl, take the blind fold off"

Ranae proudly did what her dad told her and swiftly took the blind fold off of her eyes. Her jaw dropped when she saw an all red 1992 red Lexus sc in front of her. She covered her mouth semi screaming in joy.

"This is MY car?" She squealed turning towards her family who was all smiles except for her brother Demarcus. He didn't get anything as nice as this being that he barely made it out of high school. He doesn't even have a job yet but their parents were nice enough to still give him a car.

"Yeah, I wanted to get you something nice since your grades been good" Ranae's father said with a smile "Don't tear it up in just three days though" He joked.

She smacked her lips and playfully rolled her eyes "Please daddy I know how to drive" Ranae defended and walked over to give him a big hug. He squeezed her and rocked them both side to side "Thank you daddy!"

"You welcome baby girl"

"Now I don't wanna see any of your lil friends driving this car either, this is for you and you only" Ranae's mother put that rule down first "I don't mind you picking them up but I better only see you behind the wheel"

"Yeah and don't be thinking you can drive around with boys in your car doing what y'all ain't got no business doing either, don't turn fast since you got a car lil lady" Her father added.

"As long as is me" Demarcus mumbled.

Ranae sighed dramatically "Y'all have nothing to worry about, I'm not some reckless teenager" She assured them.

"Let you tell it" Her brother joked and she rolled her eyes "Lets take it for a test drive though" He quickly walked over to the car getting in as if he was kid sitting in the front seat for the first time.

"You two be careful!" Their parents said in unison.

Ranae made her way over to the drivers side all excited before getting inside. She instantly started the car up and they both buckled their seat belts "You a little too excited for me, calm ya adrenaline before you start driving with me in the car" Demarcus warned her.

She smacked her lips "C'mon now Demarcus I already got my license, I know how to drive okay" She said truthfully. She wasn't crazy enough to put both of their lives in danger so she was gonna drive carefully. He should be the last one talking being that he drives like he's racing somebody.

Putting the car in drive she placed her foot on the gas but pressed down a little too hard causing the car to jerk forward. Demarcus had a firm grip around his seatbelt and was sweating bullets.

"I'm just playing" Ranae placed her hand over her mouth and cackled at his reaction.

"MAMA!!" Demarcus yelled like a kid and Ranae drove off anyway.

She just had to mess with him a little bit, now he sees how it feel when Ranae is in the passenger seat. He drives completely reckless.

Two Days Later

Ranae and her friends sat in her car in the parking lot of Mickey D's munching on French fries. They were discussing what they should do today but it really wasn't nothing to do being that snow was piling up on the streets. Since they just got out of school it would be best to just go home.