Cԋαρƚҽɾ 37: Wσɳ'ƚ Wαʂƚҽ Yσυ

February 14, 1994

Today was Valentine's Day and surprisingly Devante suggested to take Ranae out for dinner. It was a shocker being that folks had to usually drag him out of the house. He's been trying to stay on her good side for a while now and play the good boyfriend role, though he should've acted this way from the beginning.

Ranae was still giving him the side eye though, no matter how nice he was trying to play. Donald would always jump back and forth between being nice and then being an asshole, she was just waiting for the next slip up though she didn't want one.

After the talk they had last month, Ranae still went her separate way for almost two weeks, it took Devante begging and pleading to even take her out tonight. To her, their still not in a relationship, looking back she don't think that they ever were. This was just an unhealthy situationship and the two couldn't seem to break the cycle.

Ranae and Jarvis haven't spoken since she stormed out of his house that day, all he did was give his two cents on the situation and it rubbed her the wrong way. He hasn't called her and she hasn't called him, but he wasn't upset with Ranae. He's actually sad about her becoming MIA again since things were going more than well between the two.

He still felt like a fool though, in the back of his head he just knew Ranae would run back to Devante. It wasn't his fight at this point even though he seems to be the root of all the couple's arguments.

He couldn't keep trying to help Ranae out of something she didn't wanna get out of...

He still meant it when he said he would be here for her, though it's becoming extremely stressful and pointless. Jarvis been around relationships like Ranae's and De, and it was something scary to see. You would think Devante was holding Ranae at gunpoint for her to stay with him, but Jarvis saw with his own eyes that Ranae would slip back into his grip so easily.

"So where we going tonight?" Ranae asked as soon as Devante stepped out the bathroom.

He chuckled and looked through his drawers "It's a surprise, I'm tired of eating at the same spot."

"Mmmh, I'm glad I don't have to force you out of the house this time."

"Yeah me too, ever since we been promoting the album, I actually like going out more." He admitted.

She slowly nodded "Are y'all going on tour again?"

De glanced over his shoulder with that famous smirk "Why? You wanna tag along this time?" He asked being that he offered her to come on tour with them back in '92 but she rejected. Back around that time, she was still confused about her feelings for Devante and their whole little relationship was suppose to be kept on the down low anyway.

"Absolutely not, I'm just asking." She shut that down, once again.

"Well then nah, it's not really my thing. After our first tour I decided to kiss that shit goodbye, it was exhausting ya feel me."

"I don't know how when you barely sing." She put him on the spot and even he cackled since it was somewhat true.

Multiple people pointed out De's smooth background vocals, he left it up to Kci and Jojo to do all the screaming into the mic's.