Cԋαρƚҽɾ 6: Cσɱҽ & ƚαʅƙ ƚσ ɱҽ.

December 5, 1991

"See you when I get back" Ranae told her brother who wasn't paying her any mind as she made her way to the front door of their apartment.

"Yeah alright, don't stay out to late" He told her "You not grown" She rolled her eyes at his comment and finally walked out.

Ranae lied to her friends and brother, saying she would be at the library all day knowing that wasn't true. Alicia and Monique asked if they should come but she came up with something to make them stay wherever they were. Knowing those two they would never get any work done while together.

She paced down the stairs and out her building where the cold December whether hit her face, her nose instantly turning red. Walking carefully through the snow she stopped at the corner when she saw that mysterious car, knowing exactly who it was.

Running across the street she opened the door that was already unlocked and quickly got in. Being face to face with Devante swing, a shy smile grew on her face "You ready?" He asked.

"Obviously" she said smartly and he smirked putting the car in drive.

Pulling off onto the street they were now making their way to his home. Devante paged her and asked if she would like to come to his studio and see how he is behind the scenes. Though she was a bit nervous about what could happen she didn't want to turn down his offer. She's become a bit more comfortable while in his presence unlike the first two times they were face to face.

"Where your parents at? Where they think you going?" He asked keeping his eyes on the road.

Ranae sighed "My parents are rarely home but I told my friends and bro that I would be at the library all day, so were good" She shrugged and he only nodded "Where are the rest of your members?"

"Oh they somewhere smoking" He chuckled "They ran away from my ass today since I had them working all yesterday, I guess they needed the break but I didn't mind"

Ranae nodded not saying a word, she was so nervous about being alone with Devante.
What could happen though? He knows not to try anything though he was a sneaky guy.

The car ride was quiet and a bit awkward, neither one of them didn't know what to say.

Clearing his throat he finally opened his to ask "Why you so quiet?" He glanced over at Ranae who was just staring out the window, chewing on her nails.

She shrugged a shoulder "I just don't have anything to say" She answered. It was much easier when they would only talk on the phone, but being this close to each other made Ranae feel different. Even more shy which he probably noticed by now "Why are you so quiet?" She asked back.

"I guess I don't know how to hold a conversation with a teenager" He chuckled picking with her and she rolled her eyes "What do yawl normally talk about?" Feeling her eyes on him because of the joke made him laugh even harder.

"When are you gonna put them corny jokes to rest?" She folded her arms.

"I don't know so get use to it" He shrugged.

It took them a few minutes to pull up to his home and Ranae was amazed with how it looked. She'd never been in a mansion before, just small apartments so she was geeked to go inside. Unfastening her seatbelt she didn't waste no time hopping out of the car.