Cԋαρƚҽɾ 22:

March 20, 1993

Donald bobbed his head to the beat coming from the speakers as he tried putting some music together. He was more than ready to put out another album, even though he's grateful that their singles from the first album are still getting airplay, it was time they put out some new hits.

Donald didn't mind overworking himself either, he was a workaholic so this was the usual for him.

He spun around in the chair and stared at Ranae who just laid across the studio couch flipping through a magazine. She was in her own little word, reading about all the celebrities that she were interested in, including jodeci.

He was surprised how chill she was, being that she kept going on about how her friends were all flying back down to New York for spring break. Donald pretended to be interested but he couldn't care less about her lil girlfriends coming to pull her away. Now that he wasn't that busy on tour or anything else, he wanted her around almost all the time. The thought of her even running outta here with her friends for a week was enough to set him off but he tries to hide it.

De couldn't just keep her locked up in his mansion all day and night, Ranae wouldn't allow that.

Over the past three months, Ranae has became more vocal about certain things and Donald himself is shocked. She isn't going with everything he says anymore.

"What you reading about over there?" He asked before licking his lips.

Ranae blew a bubble with the gum she was smacking on before answering "Keith sweat fine self" She grinned and Donald shook his head.

"Tuhh, that man old enough to be your daddy" He joked with her but shouldn't have said that being that he and Keith weren't that many years apart.

Ranae slowly chewed but gave him the side eye "You might wanna leave that joke to yourself" She said in her head but chuckled anyway. She turned her attention back to the magazine "If you say so"

Donald noticed the necklace he gave her dangling while she was reading, he loved the fact that she still wore it.

"You don't be getting bored around here right? You miss your room?" He asked out of the blue.

Ranae sighed "No." She simply said and Donald felt like she wasn't being truthful.

When they got back from California they went straight to De's house. Ranae knew her parents were serious about her not coming back since she walked out with Donald, so she didn't even bother stopping by. She doesn't have a car anymore and that was the only thing bugging her.

Devante drivers her around with him anyway, whether she has to go to work or not. He stays in a mansion so she has plenty of room to live here with him, he lets her have her own space but they sleep together here and there. This was better than the apartment she came from.

However, she did miss her real home, her bedroom with her posters and smell goods on the dresser. She missed waking up to the smell of homemade pancakes and god knows Donald cannot cook! She even miss arguing with her   big brother Demarcus over the smallest things.

He actually called her once they got back from California, he was the last one to find out she basically ran away with Donald. He hasn't shunned her like their parents though but he still doesn't approve of his little sister dating De. She doesn't really know the man and by everything that's been going on, he has her mind gone.

At the end of the day, he's okay with her doing what she wants. It's her life and her lessons to learn on her own, he has no say.

"So you comfortable right here with me, right?" He asked raising a brow.