Cԋαρƚҽɾ 11:

April 19, 1992

"Boo don't you think it's a little to early to be doing prom shopping?" Alicia asked Ranae while looking through dresses.

Ranae dragged along Alicia and Monique to look for prom dresses, Monique was all set but she came with them anyway. Two days ago Ranae's mother tried to pass her prom dress down but Ranae thought it wasn't the style at the moment. She let her mama know that with no hesitation and understood.

"Early? Girl prom is in three weeks, I consider this last minute shopping" Ranae shook her head and continued looking.

"This is exactly why I had all my stuff together last month, I don't have no worries" Monique butted in flipping her braids over her shoulder.

"Besides finding a dress which takes forever, you have to make hair appointments, get your hands and feet done AND find a ride" Ranae reminded her "You can't get all that done in one week Alicia"

She rolled her eyes and waved them off "Just wait and see, sometimes them last minute tricks do justice, my family can't wait to get me all dolled up" She snapped her fingers.

"Well I'm surprised they didn't start shopping in January" Monique joked causing her and Ranae giggle.

Once again Alicia waved them off before asking "Who are yawl showing up with anyway?"

"You should know the answer to that! Liam is taking me" Monique cheesed like she was in love. She was so excited that her and her crush Liam Winston became official just last month. She had a crush on him since freshman year but never had the courage to talk to the man, that's until junior year. Though she was so in love with Mr.Dalvin, she still showed Liam some attention.

"You right, that was a no brainer" Alicia joked then glanced over at Ranae whose lips were pursed looking nervous "What about you nae nae?"

She raised her brows "Oh I don't want to say anything yet, you all will see on prom night" She winked and they both looked at her suspiciously. Ranae wasn't sure whether or not to bring up Devante wanting to take her to prom, she didn't want to get any side eyes from nobody, not even her family knows yet. She still hasn't opened her mouth to none of her girls about what went on in Mr.Swing's studio, they all love a little tea but she didn't want to throw that out there.

Ranae is still nervous about even allowing him to go on prom with her, all eyes are gonna be on them and she doesn't want anybody suspecting anything. A grown man taking a seventeen year old to prom is suspicious enough, and not even she has a clue on what he's gonna plan afterwards. It's not a good thing when your the topic of discussion around the school and neighborhood, that's Ranae's biggest fear.

"Well I know it isn't mark, he already said he'll just take crystal instead" Monique blurted out.

When mark finally ran into Ranae to ask her about prom she already let him know that she had a date. Though she was his first choice and he really wanted to take her, surprisingly he was okay with it and decided to go with their friend crystal since she didn't have a date either. Hopefully it isn't awkward, you can tell how Jarvis really feels just by looking at his face.

Ranae shrugged "Yeah he just asked at the wrong time"

"What are we gonna do afterwards though? I'm definitely not trying to to straight home after a fun night like that" Monique asked glaring between Ranae and Alicia.