he comes home after being away for a while (requested)

Calum quietly closed the front door behind him as he came inside. It was late and he was just now arriving home. He was jet-lagged from his long flight but it didn't get in the way of his excitement about finally coming home from tour.

He's been away for two months now on tour but he was home tonight; three days earlier than planned. The last shows had been canceled and although he was a little bummed about it, he was happy t be able to come home to you.

He's been missing you like crazy and he felt like he couldn't get up the stairs fast enough. After making sure the door was locked he was racing up the stairs. He tried to be as quiet as possible because at this time of the night, you had to be asleep and he didn't want to scare you. But it was hard with how excited he was and fast his feet were carrying him.

He quietly opened the door to your shared bedroom and he froze when he saw you laying on his side of the bed, wrapped in his hoodie with Duke in your arms. His feet padded across the floor and at the sound of a creaky floorboard, Duke lifted his head.

He snuck around to pet Duke on the head, laying a little kiss to his fur. He then focused on you and his heart pounded against his ribcage when he saw your face. You looked like an angel with your hair spread all over the pillow and wrapped in his hoodie, a small smile tugging at your lips as Duke settled back into your arms.

He couldn't help but reach out and caress your cheek. It's been so long since he's seen you through anything but a screen and you looked so soft, he just couldn't resist. His sweet touch made you open your eyes and they went wide when you saw him standing there.

"Cal?"

"Yeah," he smiled and you almost wondered if you were dreaming, until he leaned in and laid a lingering kiss on your cheek and let you run your fingertips along his arm. He was really there and the happiness you felt almost brought tears to your eyes.

"Cal!" You threw your arms around him and he laughed happily. "I can't believe you're here! I thought you'd still be gone for a couple more days."

"I'm home, baby girl." He whispered as he buried his lips in your ear. "I'm so happy to be home with you again. I've missed you."

"I've missed you too." You said and pulled away. You turned the light on and took him in, finding that he looked even more amazing than he did when he left. The distance always makes your heart grow fonder, makes you love and appreciate him, even more, when he's by your side.

But he looked so tired. The dark circles under his eyes told you he hasn't been sleeping much, which you understood with how long he's been gone and how busy he's been in that time. You brushed your thumbs under his eyes and your wrists were close enough for his lips to brush against.

"You look sleepy."

"I'm fine, baby." He said and pulled you in for another kiss. He climbed into bed beside you, smiling when you rolled into his arms and stole a few more kisses from his lips. "I'm so happy." He spoke softly, cupping your cheeks in his hands as he gazed into your eyes.

"Me too." You replied before kissing across his neck. "You can tell me all the amazing stories you have about your time spent with the boys and the fans on tour. But for now, you're jet-lagged and worn out and you need sleep."

He sighed but didn't protest. He held you as you reached out to turn off the light once more and he brought your head to his chest afterward.

"Get some rest, baby." You said, kissing his cheek lovingly.

"Don't go anywhere tonight," he pleaded as he closed his eyes.

Duke snuggled up by his side while you laid your head on his chest and stared up at him.

"I'm not going anywhere. You're home now, the only place I wanna be is in your arms. Sleep tight. I love you lots." You said and started to comb your fingers through his curly hair and while he slept soundly, you stayed awake and admired him; happy he was finally home again.