you help him relax after a hard day (requested)

The moment you saw Calum as he walked through the front door, you knew he'd had a hard day. His shoulders were slumped, he looked tense and sad, the bags under his eyes from his lack of sleep and hard work were there due to his exhaustion.

"Babe," you mumbled sadly before putting your phone aside to go over to him. You put your arms around him and he melted straightaway. His arms wrapped around you and his grip on you was tight like he didn't want to ever let you go. "Did you have a bad day?" You asked sympathetically.

"It was hard, y/n." He spoke against your neck and let out a shaky sigh when you rubbed his back. "I'm tired."

"I know, baby." You held him tight, brushing your lips along his neck. "Let me help you relax."

He just nodded his head and let you pull away to take ahold of his hand.

"I'll make your day so much better, Cal. I promise." You said as you guided him upstairs.

You had him set on the foot of the bed and with a kiss on his forehead, you walked into the bathroom to run him a bath. You made the water as warm as possible and threw in some bubbles, hoping that it would help him relax and soothe his sore and tense muscles.

You smiled at him when you were back in the bedroom, crouched on the floor in front of him with his tattooed hands in yours.

"Come on, Cal. I have something special planned for you."

He sighed as you led him out of the room and into the bathroom, where his eyes lit up at the bath waiting for him.

"I can't believe you did this for me." He said, his voice more of a whisper as you helped him out of his clothes and kissed his neck.

"Get in and close your eyes."

He raised his eyebrows but did as you said, his beautiful brown eyes slipping shut as he laid his head against the back of the tub and the warm water helped to relax him.

"What are you doing?" He asked, a hint of a smile tugging at his lips as you laid something on his face.

"It's a face mask, silly. It'll help you relax."

"I'm already very relaxed." He said as he took your hand and squeezed it in yours.

"Well, now you'll be even more relaxed."

Your heart fluttered when he smiled at you. He looked more relaxed already, but you still had something else up your sleeve to make him forget about his hard day.

But you didn't rush him. You stayed by his side the whole time he stayed in the bath until the water turned cold. Your fingers ran through his curly locks, you brushed your hand along his smooth cheek after you took off his face mask a little while later.

"Come on, babe. Let's get you out of the water."

He let you help him out and he quickly got changed into some of his cozy pajama bottoms, but when he went to grab one of his shirts you took his hand to stop him.

"Not yet."

He furrowed his eyebrows but complied. You took his hand and led him to bed, where you had him lay on his stomach.

"What are you up to?" He asked as you hovered over him and peppered kisses across his spine and shoulders.

"Helping you relax." You mumbled before you started to massage his shoulders.

He was still a little tense but began to relax as you rubbed his shoulders. He hummed contentedly, shaky sighs and little giggles falling from his lips when you'd kiss his neck and his body.

"I love you so much." He whispered.

"I love you too, Cal."

He started to shift around unexpectedly, turning from his stomach and onto his back. He pulled you on top of him, his arms going around you to hold you tight. You massaged his shoulders, still kissing his neck while he stared at you endearingly.

"How'd I get so lucky?" He wondered to himself as he laid a hand on your cheek, his touch gentle and sweet, like always. "I love you. I feel like saying I love you isn't even enough anymore. You're just amazing."

Your heart fluttered at his words. You never feel as happy as you do with him.

"And sometimes, I think about our future together. I think about how lucky I am to have you, how lucky our future kids will be, and how lucky I'll be to have you by my side forevermore."

You kissed his lips, sighing softly against them as he ran his fingertips along your back.

"So beautiful," he whispered against your lips, carefully rolling you onto your back as he continued to lovingly kiss your lips. "I'm so in love with you, y/n. Thank you for everything you did for me today."

"Anytime, Cal. You know I'm always here for you and I'll always do my best to cheer you up."

"I know." He smiled against your lips. "And I'm so lucky."