he wants your attention

He sighed and plopped down on the couch next to you. He stared at you, brushing a hair behind your ear only to see that you were staring at your phone instead.

"Y/n?" He asked, trying to get your attention. But it proved to be useless because you didn't even look over at him. You didn't say a word. So, he became more desperate.

He tapped your shoulder before just dropping his head against it as a whine of your name fell from his soft lips. "Y/n," He threw his head back against the couch, wondering if you purposely ignoring him. But either way, he had a way of getting your attention and getting you to drop your phone.

"Okay. If you don't wanna pay attention to me, you leave me no other choice, baby." He said as he smirked, waiting to see if you'd say or do a thing. But you didn't. So, he took your phone out of your hand causing your head to snap up.

You were about to ask him why he did that when he quickly pulled you to his lap and hugged you so tightly to him you couldn't move from his grip. He hummed as his forehead fell to your shoulder. "Cal? What are you doing?"

He looked up at you with his big brown eyes. "Oh? Now you can talk to me?" You furrowed your eyebrows, clearly confused. "I tried to get your attention for five minutes. Not a word, not a smile. You just stared away at your phone."

You could see the pout on his lips so you kissed the corner of his lips softly. "I'm sorry. I just got distracted. Did you need something?" He shook his head. "Nope. Just felt like spending time with my girl." He said, loosening his grip but only to move his head from your shoulder to your neck, lips softly moving across your skin.

"I'd like that." You smiled at him, making his heart flutter a little. "I love you." He said then leaned back against the couch, passing the remote your way only for you to throw it to the side.

"What'd you do that for?"

You kissed the corner of his lips again, cupping his cheeks in your hand before kissing across his face. "I'd rather kiss you instead."

He smiled against your lips before pulling you in for a kiss, happy that he finally had your attention because this was all he really wanted.