you can't sleep

You've spent almost two hours just laying in bed, hoping to fall asleep. You've tossed and turned for hours and still, you don't feel tired even a little bit.

You looked over at Calum and saw he was still sleeping. He was out cold and you could understand why. He's been especially busy lately, his schedule seeming to be busiest it's been between interviews, appearances, filming new videos, and rehearsing for the tour. He's been working hard and needed sleep. Which is exactly why you didn't wanna keep tossing and turning next to him. You didn't wanna wake him.

You pushed the blankets back and instead pulled them over him, making sure he was warm and toasty. You got up and tiptoed out fo the room and down the stairs. Once in the kitchen, you made yourself a glass of warm milk, hoping it'd help you a little.

But it didn't seem to be working. You leaned your forehead onto the countertop. You're feeling frustrated, knowing you had just hours till you had to be up and you haven't even gotten a wink of sleep yet.

You jumped when hands touched your shoulders. "I'm sorry," Calum spoke groggily against your neck. He buried your face into the crook of your neck, arms wrapping around you. "What are you doing awake? It's almost three in the morning."

"I can't sleep. I stayed in bed for as long as I could before I gave up."

Calum's eyelashes tickled your skin, as well as his hot breath. "You should've woken me up. I could've helped you somehow." You shook your head. "No, Cal. It's alright. I know you're tired. Besides, I don't think there's anything that's gonna help me fall asleep."

He pulled away and pulled on your arm. "Come on." He mumbled. "Where are we goin'?"

"Back up to bed." He said simply, dragging you by your hand up the stairs. "But, Cal, there's no point. you should go back to bed if you're tired but I don't wanna keep you awake."

"Silly of you to assume I can just fall asleep easily without you by my side." He said, secretly making you crack a tiny smile. "Besides, you're not gonna be awake. I'll help you fall asleep. I won't go back to sleep until you do."

You wanted to argue with him but you knew there was no use. He seemed like he'd already made his mind up. Reluctantly, you crawled back into bed with him. His arms wrapped around you and he pulled your head to his shoulder. "Close your eyes."

"It's not that simple."

He rolled his eyes. "Just trust me, y/n."

You hesitated but closed them. You felt his lips brush against your forehead before he started to rub your back softly and sing to you. His fingers moved delicately along your spine, pressing into the dimples on your skin occasionally, as they moved all-around in a soothing manner.

He was singing one of his favorite songs to you, one he recently got you into. With his voice in your ear and his touch, it helped you to feel relaxed. He looked down at you and saw the way your breathing was beginning to turn steady, telling him you were drifting off to sleep.

He continued to fight his heavy eyes for you. He sang for a few more minutes and the next time he looked down at you, he heard the little snores falling from your lips.

He smiled to himself and kissed your forehead again. "I told you that you'd fall asleep." He teased. "I love you. Sweet dreams, y/n." He whispered and closed his eyes, ready to tease you about being right about this in the morning.