little angel (requested)

Some dad Cal as requested! I really loved writing this. The thought of Calum as a dad really makes my heart melt!

——————————-

When you rolled over in bed you expected for Calum's warm arms to wrap right around you and hold you close. But all you felt in his place was his pillow.

You turned the lamp on and groaned when the light hit your eyes. After a long and tiring couple of days, you wanted nothing more than to sleep all you could. But it was nearly impossible to sleep when Calum wasn't there with you; without his warmth and his arms around you.

You pushed the covers away and tried to ignore the ache in your body as you walked from the bedroom and across the hall to your little girl's room. You had a feeling he was either in there or in his music room down the hall writing out anything and everything that's been on his mind since your lives changed just two days ago.

But just as you thought, he was in your daughter's room. He was pacing around the room and singing softly under his breath. He cradled her in his arms carefully but securely. You stood silently to admire his voice and the indescribable love you know he has for her.

He moved her in his arms just a little and she started to stir, a tiny cry escaping her lips causing him to shush her softly and hold onto her just a little tighter. "Shh. It's alright, baby girl. I'm right here." He whispered softly and kissed her head and your heart melted at the sight. "We gotta be quiet. Your mom is asleep down the hall."

"Actually, I'm here." You whispered and he turned quickly.

"You scared me."

You strode over to him and put your head on his shoulder, staring down at the little bundle of joy in his arms. She was the perfect mix of both of you. With his eyes and your nose and the lips of an angel. She's stolen both of your hearts, but especially Calum's.

"Did she wake up?"

"No. I did. I couldn't sleep and you were sleeping. I didn't want to wake you, not after everything you've been through over the last couple of days. So I came in here and even though she was asleep, I couldn't help but pick her up." He whispered softly, staring down at your daughter as she slept peacefully. "She's everything I've ever wanted. What did we ever do without her?"

You kissed his neck softly as your heart swelled in your chest. "Only two days in and you're already the most amazing father I've ever seen."

She whimpered a little and instinctively, he caressed her cheek and laid kisses to her forehead. "It's alright. I'm still here." He soothed and watched her eyelashes flutter against her cheeks as she drifted back off to sleep. "I feel like the luckiest guy in the world. An amazing wife and now, a little angel that is just as beautiful. Look at her. She's just perfect."

You held back your tears. You knew he was gonna fall in love with her as soon as she came along, but he's even more amazing with her than you ever imagined him being.

He suddenly turned his head and leaned in to kiss your cheek. "Thank you for making me the happiest man in the world. I love you both."

"We love you too." You said and returned the kiss by kissing his cheek.

A few minutes went by before you rubbed his shoulder. "We should probably get to sleep. She's sleeping so well, I think we could get some good rest, too."

He shook his head. "I don't want to put her down. I don't ever want to let her go."

"I know, baby. But I think she'll be crying for you shortly and you deserve some rest."

He sighed. He knew you were right but the thought of her not being in his arms for even a second made him feel a little sad.

But he walked slowly to her crib and laid her down gently. He leaned down and kissed her head a few times before combing his fingers through the dark hair on her head. "I love you, little angel. Sleep tight."

You gave her a kiss on her head and whispered a soft 'I love you' before Calum wrapped his arms around you and led you both to bed down the hall.

You turned the lamp off and climbed into the bed. He put his arm around you but kept his grip loose, knowing that you were still sore.

"I love you so much." He whispered in your ear and brushed your hair away from your neck to lay a few soft kisses to your skin. "I hope you get some good sleep. You deserve it."

"Love you too, Cal. Sleep tight."

He reached out to take ahold of your hand and intertwined them with his own before he closed his eyes. Although he was absolutely exhausted, he couldn't deny that he was ready to wake back up to start a new day with his beautiful family.