lazy days

When you felt the sun shining in your eyes you tried to roll over only to feel the arm that was around you tighten it's grip a little. You remembered that Calum had a day off today and it brought a smile to your face.

You could feel his hot breath fanning against your collarbone. You could hear the quiet snores leaving his lips and you could feel the heat coming from his skin. You craned your neck to see his face. You took a mental image and wanted to take a moment to admire him because these days didn't come around as often as you wished they would.

But your boyfriend cracked a smile before you could admire him for too long. He was awake and apparently had been for a minute or two. "It's not nice to stare." You poked his cheek and he laughed. "You're too cute not to." You caressed his cheek, thumb brushing over the little beauty marks.

He rolled you over and had you lay your head in the crook of his neck. "Good morning. You feeling okay today?" You nodded and kissed his skin softly. "Of course I am. I woke up to you still laying next to me." He took ahold of your hand and with his eyes still closed, kissed your palm softly.

"What would you like to do today? I think it's supposed to be a nice day. We can go out if you want to." He finally opened his eyes and saw the adoring gaze you were holding for him. "Why would we do that when we can lay in bed all day?" He chuckled and stretched his legs out. "You deserve a day to relax. I say we just lay here and cuddle."

He stared at you for a minute before grabbing your cheek and giving you a soft kiss. "Okay. I like the sound of that." You sat up and kicked the blanket off making Calum grab your wrist. "And where do you think you're going, pretty girl? I thought we were spending the day in bed?" You laughed and wrapped your fingers around the palm of his hand, bringing his fingertips to your lips and kissing across them lovingly.

"We are but I need to brush my teeth," you tugged on his hand and he groaned. "And so do you. Come on, Cal. Let's get it over with so we can come back to bed." He groaned and whined all the way to the bathroom but when you put your arm around him he stopped and brushed his teeth with you.

You then made your way back to bed. Calum took a moment to admire the shirt you had stolen from him last night and how cute he thought you looked in it. He then plopped back down next to you. He saw you were staring at him, lying on your side with your hands flat on the bed.

He giggled and intertwined one with his. "Hi."

"Hello, handsome." He laughed when you moved to kiss his cheek. "What should we do first?" You turned to grab the remote and held it out for him. He saw the sparkle in your eyes and he shook his head, pushing it against your chest lightly. "No, baby, you choose. I'm okay with whatever. I'm just happy to spend time with you."

You turned on a tv show that you could spend most of the day binge-watching before you moved closer to Calum. You laid your head down on his chest and he pulled the blankets over you both. He kissed the top of your head a few times but you soon tilted it up, finding his lips were so close to yours.

He cupped your chin and leaned in, lightly brushing his over yours for a moment before he deepened the kiss. You could taste the mint of his toothpaste on his lips as he snuck his arm under your side and pulled you closer, cherishing every kiss you shared because it'd been too long since he's been able to kiss you like this; so lovingly, yet so passionately.

He could feel your fingers moving across his cheek. He pulled back, his brown eyes locking with yours as he nudged your cheek with his nose. "I love you." He whispered as he tried to think back to a time when he'd felt as happy as he did in that very moment with you.

But you made his mind go blank when you kissed him again and wrapped your arms around his neck. "I love you too," you said against his lips making him smile into the kiss and thank his lucky stars that he had the entire day off and gets to spend every second of it with you.