he kisses you unexpectedly but you're best friends (requested)

You took a good look in the mirror and tried to shake the nervous feeling quickly coming over you.

You know it's only natural to feel nervous. Tonight is the first time you get to attend an event with Calum and the boys. It's a huge night for them, getting honored with a pretty major award. Though you felt nervous as soon as the invitation slipped from his lips, you found it impossible to say no when he smiled at you. You couldn't ever say no to him, anyway.

Dressed in a red dress that you picked out for this special occasion, you took a deep breath and fixed your hair quickly before grabbing your clutch that held your phone and other important things before making your way to the stairs.

You could hear the boys talking about something but Calum's laugh soon followed and your heart fluttered at the sweet sound.

Making your way down the stairs, you turned the corner to go into his spacious kitchen. The sound of your heels on the floor caught the boys' attention, Luke being the first to look your way. The laughter soon stopped the boys' jaws now on the floor.

Calum quickly turned around a few words on the tip of his tongue that quickly slipped from his mind when he saw you. His breath hitched, his heart beginning to hammer quickly in his chest when you sent him a dazzling smile.

"So..." You started to say, eyes locked with his. "Do I look alright? This is the first event I've ever gone to and I wanna look good."

A few seconds of silence passed by before he chuckled and started to walk to you. He took a shaky breath and looked you up and down before looking back into your eyes. They sparkled brightly as a smile tugged at his lips.

"Cal?" You spoke softly, your breath hitching in your throat when he reached for your hand and brushed his fingers over your palm.

"You look amazing..." He said, his voice soft as his tongue swiped over his lips.

"Are you sure? I'm a little nervous,"

He cut you off by cupping your cheek and pressing his lips onto yours quickly.

You were taken aback for a moment. You only let his lips move against yours for a second, shocked by the sudden feeling of his lips on yours.

But this is what you've been dreaming of for the longest time and you weren't about to let the moment slip away. You began to kiss him back, relishing in the shaky breath that fell from his lips when he tried to pull away, only for you to bring him back in for another kiss.

"Whoa..." He whispered when he pulled back. He was silent for a moment as he stared at you, only to look at his feet with a bright smile afterward. "That was amazing. Better than what I imagined it to be."

"Wait..." You whispered. "You've imagined kissing me?"

he swallowed thickly, suddenly a little flustered from the words that escaped from his lips. Though they were true, he hasn't even ever told you he likes you! He was afraid that maybe it was just the heat of the moment that you kissed him back... maybe you didn't enjoy the kiss as much as he thought you did.

"I mean," he paused, shaky breaths falling from his lips as he stared at his feet.

"Cal?" You put your hand under his chin and tilted it up to look into his soft brown eyes. "Please say it again." You pleaded softly, to which he took in a deep breath to try to steady his racing heart before he nodded.

"I have." He said, gaze still strong as he looked into your eyes, refusing to look elsewhere as he spoke. "I've known you for eight months now. I've been lucky enough to call you my best friend but... that's not what I think of you."

He closed his eyes when you brushed your fingers along his chin softly. "I really like you. I have from the moment we met. But I was too afraid to tell you because I was afraid that you wouldn't like me. But tonight..." He paused, opening his eyes to look you up and down again. "I couldn't help myself. You look so beautiful, y/n."

The words were sincere as they fell from his lips. You leaned your forehead onto his and when you pulled him closer, you could feel his heart pounding in his chest.

"I'm really happy to hear that, Cal. Because I like you too...."

He was flabbergasted. Shocked to hear those words come from you. His wide eyes told you that.

But soon, they sparkled and softened and he reached up to caress your cheek.

"Cal?"

"Yeah?"

"Kiss me again."

He didn't have to be told twice.

He pushed his lips back onto yours. He wanted to keep it soft and sweet, he wanted to pour all the love he held in his heart for you out in that kiss. Because he's waited and dreamt of this moment from the moment he met you and it felt so unreal but so perfect.

"I'm gonna be the envy of every man tonight." He said as he pulled away, forehead falling against yours as he stared at you and held your hips. "You look so beautiful. Don't be nervous. You're gonna steal a bunch of hearts tonight," he smiled.

"Maybe, but you've got my heart. I don't need anyone else's but yours."

He smiled, kissing your lips softly before saying, "You've had it from the moment we met. Nothing will ever change that."