he calls you his wife when you're not married

Calum held onto your hand as you walked through the doors of his family's home.

It's the holiday season and since you spent Thanksgiving with your family, it was only fair to spend Christmas with his. Although you know his parents and Mali-Koa well, having seen them countless times before, you haven't met more of his extensive family until today and you're a little nervous about it.

You could hear loud laughter coming from the kitchen and you walked hand in hand into the room. Heads turned at the footsteps on the floor and Calum dropped your hand to hug his mom tightly as she ran to him.

"It's so good to see you both! Oh, hello, y/n," she greeted you with a hug, and Calum had stars in his eyes at the sight of two of the most important people in his life getting along so well. "How have you been, honey?"

"Good." You said and chewed at your lip upon feeling all the eyes on you from people you have yet to meet. You leaned into Calum and he chuckled but gave you a comforting squeeze. His dad and Mali hugged you quickly, saying a welcoming hello before letting you go.

They were swept into conversation once more, allowing for Calum to sneak away from them and lead you to others in the room.

"Calum! Nice to see you again!" One man, who you assumed was either an uncle or close family friend, said before pulling him in for a small hug. "And I see you brought your girl here this time around!"

Your cheeks turned red and you ducked your head before looking back up at the man and the woman who had now joined his side.

"I did. This is my wife, y/n."

Your eyes went wide as the word fell from his lips. Your breath hitched in your throat but you couldn't complain or find it in yourself to correct him. You loved how it sounded falling from his lips.

"It's nice to meet you, y/n. When was the wedding and why wasn't I invited?"

It was then that Calum realized what he had said. He cleared his throat and avoided looking at you, though he could feel your eyes on him.

"Oh, I, uh," he stumbled over his words and tried hard to fix it, but he didn't quite know what to say.

He simply received a clap on his shoulder from the guy who laughed and shook his head.

"It's fine, Calum. I understand what you meant. If I were you though, I'd put a ring on it soon. She's in love with you for sure, I can see it in the way she's looking at you and holding onto you."

Calum chuckled as he turned to look at you.

"It was nice to meet you, y/n. If that wedding does happen, invite me." He teased and squeezed Calum's shoulder before walking to the other side of the room.

"Cal?"

"Hm?"

"Can we talk in private for a second?"

He took your hand and led you into the other room that was empty, away from the loud laughter and conversation. He looked at you before looking at his feet as he tried to think of what to say.

"So, about the wife thing,"

You cut him off by pushing your lips onto his. He was taken aback at first but found his heart skipping a beat when you put your arms around his neck to pull him closer. He instinctively put his hands on your hips and kissed you back lovingly until you pulled away.

"I liked it."

"Yeah?" He chuckled as his fingertips ran softly along your skin.

"Yeah. I like how it sounds when it comes from you."

He dropped his forehead onto yours and said, "I've said it before accidentally in front of the boys. They teased me a bit," he chuckled, thinking back on the memory. "It's just something I think about. Sometimes I think about the day I could introduce you to my family as my wife. I guess it just came out of me. I didn't even know that I said it."

"you're the sweetest, Cal." You smiled, pecking his lips lovingly. "I want that one day."

"Me too." He said as you buried your face in his neck. His eyes closed, a smile tugging at his lips as you kissed his neck lovingly. "One day soon, baby. I promise you."