you have a nightmare (requested)

You jolted awake, sitting up and panting to catch your breath as beads of sweat started to roll down your skin.

The nightmare was replaying in your mind, the feeling of panic and fear lingering even now that you're awake. The room was dark, not really calming down your fears any. You felt around on the bed for Calum and sighed out in relief when your hand came into contact with his warm back.

Your fingers were shaky as you laid them on his bare skin. You didn't wanna wake him, not when he had such a long day, but you needed him and you knew he'd never be upset with you for waking him for that reason.

You shook his shoulders and he barely stirred in his sleep. He only moved his arms around until you called out his name. "Calum? Cal? Please wake up." He turned over on his side and rubbed the sleep from his eyes to take a good look at you. "Y/n what is it?" He asked groggily, but all he got in return was you sniffling.

He was wide awake when he heard it. He sat up and put his arm around you to bring you closer. He let you bury your face in his neck. He could feel your tears falling from your eyes as they hit your skin and it made his heart sink in his chest. He wrapped his arms around you and started to rub your back. "Bad dream, baby?"

You weakly nodded your head. "It's okay. You're safe now. I'm right here and I won't let anything happen to you." You let out a shaky breath, letting it fan against his skin as he continued to soothe you.

"Do you wanna tell me about it? Maybe it'll make you feel better?" You shook your head frantically and he shushed you softly so you wouldn't get worked up again. "It just felt so real." Calum held you tighter against him. "It wasn't real. You're safe now." He soothed as he rubbed your back in soothing circles.

He laid back down and pulled you down on his chest. He started to play with your hair as he hummed in your ear, all around making you feel as safe as ever. You started to calm down as you listened to the steady beat of his heart against his rib cage.

And when you started to fall back asleep only a few minutes later you knew everything was gonna be okay, because Cal was right there with you and he'd always keep you safe.