he talks to your bump (requested)

Calum was restless while you slept soundly beside him.

Out of habit, his hand was moving along your bump that only continued to grow every day. He was in awe of the entire thing, convinced that you couldn't possibly be any more beautiful than you already were, yet he finds you proving him wrong every day.

He had been overjoyed when he found out you were pregnant and now that your six months along, he is captivated with every single moment. He was over the moon when finding out you were gonna have a little girl, his heart almost feeling like it would burst right out of his chest.

And as you lay there beside him, getting the sleep you needed and deserved, he couldn't help but stare at you.

He slid his hand beneath his shirt you were wearing. He moved his hand across your skin in circles, a gigantic smile tugging at his lips when he felt the baby move. "Hey, baby girl." He mumbled, moving a little closer to you so he could kiss your bump softly.

He loved the home you had built for the little girl you made out of love together. "I already love you so much." He looked up at your sleeping figure. "I hope you look just like your mom. She's so beautiful, from the inside out. I hope you have her cute little nose. I hope that you love as passionately as she does and that you know how much we love you. Whatever you wanna be in life, whatever you become, know that I'm gonna support you every step of the way. No matter what, I'll always be here for you whether I'm right by your side or a thousand miles away. You're my little girl and I promise to always remind you how loved you are."

He kissed your bump once more and this time he felt your fingers move through his hair. "You're awake," he smiled, moving up to kiss your lips. "Yeah and I'm glad that I am. I love hearing you talk to our little girl."

"I love talking to her. I swear that I've never felt more excited about anything before. I love her so much. I hope she'll be just like you. I can't wait for her to come."

"That makes two of us." You groaned, listening to the beautiful laugh that fell from his lips. "You're gonna be an amazing dad, Cal. I always knew you would be but... the way you talk to her, how you always tell how much you love her, it's my favorite thing in the world."

He shrugged, gazing into your eyes. "I want her to know how loved she is. I want her to know that whatever happens, she's always gonna have two parents that she can always turn to."

You kissed his lips but the kiss was interrupted when your baby moved under the palm of his hand once more. "She already loves you like crazy." He laughed happily then nudged his nose against your bump as he moved down your skin. "I love her too, and I love you."

As he sang somewhere over the rainbow quietly under his breath and interacted with your little girl, you fell back asleep with a big smile on your face.

You were already so in love with him but thinking about how great of a father he'll be to your daughter just makes you love him even more.