I can make it right (requested)

Calum rolled his eyes when he reached your voicemail once again.

This has been one of the worst evenings of his life. You're supposed to be sat across from him right now. He was looking forward to seeing the most beautiful smile on your face and watch your eyes light up like they did when he met you just a few days ago in the coffee shop.

It was the day that he's felt something he never has before. The day his heart did leaps in his chest and the rest of the world all seemed to fade away when your eyes locked. He wanted to stay at the cafe that morning to get to know you better, but his schedule was quite hectic that day and he opted for taking you out to a fancy restaurant tonight instead.

But you're not here.

He's waited an hour for you to show but your seat across from him remains empty and his heart remains sinking deep in his chest. Every call goes to voicemail and every minute that goes by is a moment filled with disappointment.

He took a few sips of his water before waving the waitress over to pay for his waters and to give her a tip before he grabbed his things and headed out to his car.

He thought about just going home. But he couldn't help but turn down the road to your house and drive through the neighborhood till he reached your driveway. Your car was there but your curtains were drawn and your front door was closed.

He tried to gather his thoughts before he got out of the car, but his mind was racing and he was angry for feeling so disappointed for so long tonight.

He slammed the car door shut and walked up the front porch steps. He knocked on your door and waited a long minute before knocking, again and again, this time harder and louder than before.

The only thing that made him stop was the door opening.

His mind was racing with so many different thoughts of what he wanted to say. From anger to frustration to heartache to pure annoyance, he couldn't resist in rambling right off the bat.

"You know I spent over an hour waiting for you? You dodged my calls and won't answer my texts and I don't know what to think! If you didn't want to go out with me, why didn't you just say so the moment I asked you? You could've just said it! It's better than just standing me up and making me feel so terrible!"

He didn't really know what to expect from you in response, but it surely wasn't a hard cough into your elbow.

He frowned. Because, for the first time since you opened the door, he actually took a good look at you and stopped letting his emotions get the best of him, which allowed him to see how ill you looked.

You had sweat gathering near your hairline. The look in your eyes proved just how miserable you felt. Your nose was red and your eyes looked heavy.

"Oh, hey..." He whispered sadly, reaching forward to lay his hand against your forehead. For a second he actually thought you'd pull away and slam the door in his face. But you melted into his touch. His fingers felt a little cold from the crisp autumn air and it felt good against your hot skin. "Y/N, I-"

He started to say, his eyes filled with a look of regret. But you cut him off, interrupting him before he could say another word.

"I'm sorry, Calum. I didn't mean to stand you up. I just don't feel good. I woke up this morning and I was so dizzy I couldn't even stand up and my stomach hurts and I've been throwing up and,"

"Shh." He whispered sadly. "It's alright. It was wrong of me to come here and raise my voice at you and not allow you to say even one word to me before I opened my mouth. I'm sorry."