protégée (requested)

Calum couldn't help but smile as he stood in the doorway of the studio, watching you closely. He had a cup of coffee in his hand, hoping that it would help to keep him awake.

It's the early hours of the morning, probably nearing two am by now, and he's tired. But you're sitting in his studio, your bass on your lap as you attempted to come up with a baseline with him.

Even though he was tired, he was on cloud nine. Getting to spend time with you made him so happy. He thinks of you as his little protégée, although he has the biggest crush on you, finding himself head over heels every second he spends by your side.

You suddenly stopped playing and looked up at him. Your eyes were full of stars, your smile bright as you took him in.

"Hey, Cal!"

His heart fluttered and he came to sit beside you again.

"How long were you standing there?"

"Not long," he fibbed. "Come up with anything so far, babe?"

Your cheeks heated up at the pet name before you nodded and looked down at the bass on your lap.

"I've been working hard on it and I think I finally got something!" You said excitedly and all he could do was nod as he became enthralled in you.

You started to talk about it, the excitement and passion you have for your bass making him fall even more in love with you.

You played a little bit seemed to stumble a little as he placed one of his big, tattooed hands over yours.

"It sounds good."

"I wasn't done." You chuckled and craned your neck to stare at him and the look in his eyes made you melt.

"I know it's amazing though. You're so talented, y/n. My little protégée," he teased and playfully booped your nose.

You chuckled and locked eyes. You watched his love from your orbs and down to your lips before back into your eyes again.

"I've had so much fun spending time with you and bonding over our love for the bass. I don't want it to end." He whispered, the words falling from his lips softly. "I really like you."

You slowly leaned in and closed your eyes as he did the same.

Soon, your lips touched his, and the kiss turned from something soft to something passionate as he moved his hand to lay on your neck to push you closer.

"I like you too, Cal." You whispered against his lips and felt him smile a little before you pulled away.

"Want me to play you that baseline now?"

He shook his head and cupped your cheek in the palm of his hand.

"In a few minutes. Let me kiss you a little more first."

You couldn't say no to that, and soon, you were sitting on his lap and moving your lips against his lovingly as he held you close and basked in the blissful moment he's dreamt of sharing with you from the moment you met.