you won't let go when he hugs you

The sound of the front door opening and closing, followed by the sound of your boyfriend's comforting voice, made you lose interest in your phone.

Getting out of bed as Calum called out your name, you ran down the stairs and saw him at the bottom of the staircase.

His back was facing you as he took off his shoes so you took the opportunity to surprise him by hugging him from behind.

Wrapping your arms around him, you laid your cheek on his back and felt him begin to laugh.

"I'm so happy that you're home." You said and a big smile tugged at your boyfriend's lips.

He turned around, making you unwrap your arms from around him, only to put them back around his waist as he pulled you into his embrace.

You buried your face in his shirt as he squeezed you so tightly that your feet were lifted from the ground for a few seconds, causing you to laugh as a contented hum left his lips.

"Miss me? I was only gone for the day." He teased. "But, don't worry, I missed you too, my love."

You felt his lips brush against your head as he rubbed your back, still holding onto you.

After a few seconds though, he went to pull away, but you just squeezed him tighter.

"Are you going to let me go?" He asked as he stared down at you with bright eyes and a big grin.

You opened your eyes and lifted your head from his chest, gazing at him in adoration.

"No."

He laughed and continued to brush his hand across your back.

"No?"

"Yeah, you heard me. I missed you today. You smell good and you're so warm. I just don't want you to let me go."

He held you a little tighter as you laid your head back on his chest.

Hold on tight to me." He said and you got ready to question him as to why he wanted you to do that when, suddenly, he started to walk across the room.

Falling onto the sofa, he laid on his back and you laid on his chest.

You buried your face in his neck instead of his shirt and continued to hold him tightly, refusing to let him go for even a second.

"I guess we're laying here for a while." He joked as he started to play with your hair, gazing at you with stars in his eyes.

"Yep." You agreed as you looked up at him. "Because I'm not letting go."

He just smiled at you before gently pushing at your head, causing you to bury your face back in his neck.

"Love you." You whispered softly, feeling his heart beating against yours.

"I love you more." He said, meaning it with all of his heart.