you wake him up in the middle of the night for cuddles

The rush of cold air moving down your spine woke you from your peaceful sleep.

You felt a little confused at first. Because you usually never get cold at night, because Calum is always holding you and keeping you warm.

But you tried to close your eyes and move closer against him. But when you didn't come into contact with his chest you realized he wasn't holding you.

You rubbed your eyes to see clearly before sitting up. You looked around and felt for him through the darkness of the room. You felt the warmth of his back against your fingertips, the cold of your fingertips causing him to stir in his sleep.

You realized he had rolled around his sleep. He was laying on his stomach with his face buried in his pillows. You didn't wanna disturb his restful sleep. It's not often he sleeps so peacefully. But at the same time, there's no way you'll be able to fall asleep with him holding you.

You hesitantly started to shake his shoulder. "Calum please wake up."

He stirred and soon opened his eyes. "Y/n? What time is it?" He asked sleepily, voice groggy, as he rubbed his eyes.

You looked at the clock. "After four am." He groaned and laid back on his pillow. "Why are you waking me up so early?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to, but I got cold. I woke up and you weren't holding me anymore."

He sighed but opened his arms up for you to crawl into, which you happily did. You stared at him for a few seconds and just watched him breathe. He smiled lazily, feeling your eyes on him. "Go back to sleep."

"Put your arms around me and I will."

He put them around your back and you leaned your head forward on his chest. "Better now?"

You closed your eyes. "So much better. Goodnight, Cal. I love you."

His breathing started to grow more steady as he began to drift back off to sleep, but not without repeating the words back to you. "Sweet dreams,
y/n. I love you too."