you get carsick (requested)

You closed your eyes, squeezing them tightly as Calum took another sharp turn on the highway.

It's dark and getting late and there aren't many people on the road.

It would usually be something that would excite you, as you always love car rides.

When Calum suggested you take a trip together for the weekend to a cozy place a few hours away, it sounded wonderful.

But it didn't seem as great to you now as it did then, as you're feeling extremely sick to your stomach.

It doesn't help that there are a lot of twists and turns, which only makes your stomach feel awful.

"You're awfully quiet." He said as he looked over at you. "Are you falling asleep?"

"I wish," you said with a shaky breath. "I'm not feeling that great."

"What do you mean?" He asked worriedly.

"I feel sick."

His heart dropped a bit as a rush of sadness flooded over him.

He hates when you feel unwell.

It breaks his heart every time.

"Do you want me to pull over and find a place to rest for the night and we can continue in the morning? Maybe if you get some rest, you'll feel a little better." He suggested but you just shook your head.

"We're not far away, right?"

"No. Only about forty minutes and we'll be there." He said and you shook your head slowly.

"Don't worry about it. I'll be fine. I want to try and sleep."

"Okay. Put your seat back and close your eyes, baby. I'll wake you when we're there."

You did as he said and you tried so hard to rest, hoping that if you did so you'd feel better.

But you couldn't rest.

You felt too sick to do so.

As Calum took a couple more turns and sped up a bit due to the speed limit being higher in certain places, you felt your stomach turn.

You quickly sat up, fumbling around for something to get sick into, and when you felt the small basket on the floor that was empty but had been packed with a couple of drinks and snacks earlier, you grabbed it and got sick into it.

Calum took his eyes off the road, instinctively feeling the need to comfort you.

Pulling over onto the shoulder, he put the car into park and leaned over to rub your back comfortingly.

"It's okay, sweet girl. Get it all out."

You continued to throw up for a couple of minutes, feeling so sick that you just couldn't stop.

The sight broke Cal's heart and he gently pulled your hair into his hand, holding it back so you didn't get it dirty and gross.

"I'm here, baby. Right here. Let it all out, it'll be okay." He soothed as he used his other hand to brush across your back.

Finally, after dry heaving for a moment, your stomach settled and you pulled away.

"I'm sorry." You mumbled. "It hit me hard, I couldn't stop."

"Shh. Don't worry. It's alright." He comforted. "Do you feel any better?"

"A little." You said.

"Good." He said before kissing your forehead as you sat back in your seat.

He got out of the car and tossed the basket away in a garbage can nearby.

After, he opened the back passenger door and looked around for something.

Closing your eyes, you took a few deep breaths.

You felt so much better now.

And you felt even better when Calum opened your door and covered you up with a blanket.

"Thank you, baby," you said and opened your heavy eyes to see him smile a little.

"You're welcome, my love. We'll be there in about a half-hour. Do you think you can sleep? Do you think you'll be sick again?"

"No, I'll be okay. I'm going to get some rest. My eyes are so heavy I can't keep them open."

"That's okay, baby. You need some sleep. I'll wake you up when we arrive. It won't be long, I promise."

He kissed your cheek lingeringly before he closed the door and got back into the driver's seat.

"Sleep tight, darling. Have sweet dreams," He smiled as he stared at you, relieved to see you feeling better.

You felt him start to drive again as you fell asleep but you didn't feel sick.

You just felt comforted from the blanket he covered you with, helping you fall fast asleep, finally.