hugs

You unintentionally slammed the door behind you as you walked inside, causing both Calum and Duke to jump from their spots on the couch.

You wanted to apologize but you couldn't seem to find the words or the energy to say it. You simply looked at your boyfriend with the sadness clouding your eyes. He got up and came over to you, wordlessly pulling you right into his arms.

He could feel how your tense muscles seemed to relax under the touch of his hand as it moved in circles from your shoulders and down to your back. He didn't know what had gone on today, but whatever it was had upset you pretty terribly, and that was something he felt he needed to fix.

Your head was on his chest so it allowed him to lean down and kiss across your head. "I'm sorry for whatever happened to you today. But you're home. I'm here now and it's all gonna be okay." He murmured and moved you over to the couch.

He sat down back in his spot, this time with you in his lap. His arms wrapped around your back. He felt your breath fan against his neck as he hugged you close to him and kept you secure in his arms. "If you wanna talk about it, I'm here to listen."

He felt you shake your head. "No. I just want you to keep hugging me like this."

He smiled to himself and kissed your head again before his hands moved up and down your back. "Okay. I've got you. I won't let you go." He spoke softly.

He could've sworn that he felt you crack a small smile against his neck before he felt your eyelashes tickle his skin; you gave him a few butterfly kisses as the memory of the terrible day started to fade from your mind while your boyfriend held you there in his arms, where you were safe and sound.

"Love you so much." You mumbled quietly.

"I love you so much more." He said back, only tightening his grip around you.

You didn't want him to stop hugging you? That was no problem for him because he didn't plan on letting you go in the first place.