he kisses your neck

The sleeve of your shirt and the feeling of kisses being peppered across your shoulder was what woke you up. Every brush of Calum's lips on your skin made you smile.

Soft breaths fell from your lips as his kisses trailed from your shoulders and to your neck instead and upon hearing the little sigh rush past your lips, your boyfriend smiled against your skin.

His fingers brushed along your arms, the pads of his thumbs tracing small circles. "Good morning, beautiful girl," he said, his breath tickling your skin causing you to throw your head back with a giggle.

You opened your eyes for the first time that morning, met with his beautiful brown eyes. You stared into them, wishing, as always, that you could spend the entire day just looking into them.

You brushed your fingers through his blonde locks, admiring how soft his hair felt against your fingertips. "Good morning to you too, baby."

His eyes lit up and he found himself leaving tiny kisses on both of your cheeks before he captured your lips with his in a loving kiss. You wrapped your arms around his neck, smiling along with him as his lips tugged up into a smile. It left you breathless, just like his kisses.

"I love you lots," he said and gave you two more kisses before he started to kiss your neck again. His kisses were just so soft, each kiss on your neck making you crave the next one even more. "You're so amazing. Absolutely beautiful."

His words made you melt, his voice made you weak, and his lips against your skin left you breathless. He laid his forehead upon yours, wanting nothing more than to just lay in bed and keep sharing these kisses full of love and passion with you, more than anything.

But, much too soon, his alarm sounded, taking you both by surprise and leaving you both with absolute disappointment after he turned it off. He groaned and laid his forehead on your shoulder. He shook his head, wordlessly telling you that he wasn't moving. But you just laughed and rubbed his shoulders comfortingly.

"C'mon Cal, you have a busy few hours ahead and I wanna make you some breakfast before you go." You wiggled out of his embrace and he just whined and fell onto his back, reaching for the blanket at the edge of the bed to throw over his head, only for you to pull it from his fingers and throw it onto the floor.

"Why are you so mean to me?" He asked with a cute little pout on his lips.

You laughed and hovered over him, leaving little kisses on his lips. "Hey, I don't want you to go either, but you know you have to. But you won't be gone long! Just a few hours then you can come home. I'm happy to give you all the kisses you want when you get home, too!"

He nodded with a smile and you gave him one kiss to his lips, one he found himself melting into, and one that he found only seemed to make him crave your lips moving so perfectly, so passionately, against his own even more.

But you were wrapping your fingers around his longer ones and tugging him up and out of bed before he even had a chance to try to deepen the kiss.

He would've tried to go back to bed, had it not been for his heart beating a little harder and a little faster against his chest when he saw your smaller fingers wrapped around his. Something about it just made his heart flutter and fill with love, for you and only you.

"I love you. So much," he reminded you again as he kissed your shoulder one last time before you went downstairs.

He still didn't wanna leave you, but knowing he gets to come home to you in just a few hours made him feel better. Because he loves you so much, and he knows he'll be alright, even if his day isn't great because he gets to come home and be with you again.