Quarantining together (requested)

You continued to scroll through Netflix in hopes that you could find something to occupy your anxious brain, but nothing piqued your interest. You turned the tv off with a sigh and put your head back on the pillow, capturing the attention of Duke who was curled up to your side.

You could faintly hear Calum playing his bass. You checked your phone in hopes that you'd see a message from your family or friends but there was nothing there. You locked your phone again, trying to ignore the slight anxiety making its way over you.

You got up from the bed and Duke was by your feet with every step you took down to Cal's music room, where he seems to be spending a few hours of the day to calm his own anxiety.

He heard the door open and he looked your way with a smile. You walked inside as he put his bass down, arms wide open for you to crawl right into, and you did just that.

He wrapped one of his arms around you and used his other hand to brush your hair back. "Something on your mind?"

He knew you all too well.

He knows you tend to worry over almost everything and he's seen a spike in your nerves since the lockdown began. He didn't always know what to say, but he knew what he could always do to make you feel better.

"I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed and bored." You felt his lips touch your shoulder before his nose nudged your skin as he inhaled the scent of your shower gel. "What can I do to make you feel better?"

You shrugged your shoulder, but Cal knew just what you needed. "Wanna cuddle? We can watch a movie on Netflix and lay together. I'll do whatever I can to make you feel better." You felt a smile creep onto your lips. You turned around and stared into his eyes, but closed yours when he stroked your cheek.

"Okay." He kissed your forehead before standing up and leading you back down the hall to your shared room. You crawled into bed and let him pull you into his arms. He grabbed the remote and looked down at you with a soft smile.

"What do you feel like watching? Horror? Comedy? Action? Let me know, baby." You debated for a moment before stealing the remote right from his hands and turning on your favorite movie.

Calum faked a scoff and felt you smack his arm lightly making him burst into quiet laughter. "This one again?" He teased, loving the way you tilted your head back on his shoulder and looked up at him with bright eyes and a big smile. "It's my favorite, Cal."

He chuckled and nodded your head. "I know. I don't really care what we watch, just as long as it means I get to hold you." He whispered. He had such a soft spot for you, always doing whatever it was you wanted as long as it meant seeing you happy and having you close to him, especially in times like these.

You went quiet again. Calum could practically see the wheels turning in your head, see the way your mind raced uncontrollably. "Hey," You looked at him again when you heard his sweet voice. "We're gonna be just fine. You and me, we're in this together."

Duke came jumping on the bed, curling back up by your side making your boyfriend laugh. "You, me, and Duke." You giggled, the sound making Cal sigh happily. "We'll get through this. It's all gonna get better one day, and until then that means we get to spend even more time together, right?"

That definitely was something that made you happy. You couldn't see how you'd even make it through without Calum by your side. He was keeping you sane.

"I love you a lot." He murmured as he brushed a lock of hair behind your ear, leaning down to kiss you sweetly. You put your head on his chest when you broke apart, smiling as he pulled the blanket up over the three of you and kissed your hair, promising you that it was all gonna be okay.

And you knew it would because he's right there with you.