he falls asleep on your lap

As soon as he walked inside the bedroom you knew he'd had a bad day.

He looked so drained. He was dragging his feet and rubbing his temples. He lifted his head to look at you across the room on the bed. You held your arms open for him and he quickly came over to you, collapsing right onto the bed and crawling into your arms.

You rubbed his back. His muscles were tense under your touch. "Bad day?"

"It was terrible." He said, sighing heavily as you held him there in your embrace. You rolled him onto his back and took off his shoes for him before you crawled up to him. You put your hand in his hair and started to play with his curls.

"I'm sorry. Is there anything I can do for you?" He gazed into your eyes and nodded. "Hold me?" You smiled and rolled onto your back. He instantly leaned his head on your lap and right away your hands were in his hair again.

You let them travel to his tense shoulders where you rubbed them to ease the heavy muscles that were weighed down by the stress that was on him. "Do you wanna tell me about it?" You watched as he shook his head tiredly.

"No. But thanks for offering, baby. I just wanna lay here and maybe sleep a little."

You were okay with that. He definitely deserved some rest. He's under too much pressure. He's overwhelmed and overworked. He's come home late the past few nights and seems to leave pretty early, even though you always try to convince him to stay.

"That's fine. But if you change your mind just know that I'm here to listen to you. And if you need anything, anything at all, you tell me and I'll get it for you. Okay?"

You felt him crack a little smile against your thigh. He nodded and yawned. His muscles were relaxed now, his shoulders no longer tensed due to your comforting touch. He was quickly falling asleep and knew he couldn't fight it even if he tried.

You started to play with his hair again, brushing through his curls with your fingers. Duke jumped onto the bed, curling up to you and Cal, which only made your boyfriend relax even more.

"Goodnight, Cal. Sweet dreams. I love you so much." You whispered. You thought he'd fallen asleep already because of how quiet and still he was. But he proved he wasn't as he whispered out, "Love you too, y/n."

You kissed his head and watched him sleep. You hoped that you could convince him to take a day off because he needed more time like this.