swarmed by paparazzi (requested)

With how busy he's been lately, it's been hard to find time for nights like these.

Calum was holding your hand as you exited the fancy restaurant. He had treated you to your favorite; he was in a bright, bubbly mood and with finishing up recent work he and the boys have a long break ahead and Calum wanted to start off with taking you on a date. It's been too long since your last one.

Some of your nights have been spent alone lately. He hasn't been coming home till late so getting a night out with him, and knowing that you have even more coming up, made you happier than you've felt in a little while.

He laughed at something silly you said and leaned over to steal a kiss, something he's been doing quite a lot tonight and you can't get enough of. But before his lips could touch yours there were bright lights and yells of both of your names, alerting you both that you had unwanted company.

"Cal?" You felt him give your hand a comforting squeeze. "Just hold my hand and ignore them the best you can." You nodded and tried to keep your head down, but the yelling just seemed to grow louder.

You weren't sure if it was because you're still not used to people shoving cameras in your face and yelling out your name as they spat out absurd and rude comments and questions or if it was because you felt a little nervous.

It seemed like the further you walked with Calum the closer and more relentless they got. You could hear Calum mutter something in your ear but you couldn't really let in sink in, because one of them got too close and was practically in your face.

"Hey!" Calum yelled, the tone of his voice actually took you by surprise. "Stay away from her! Just get back, leave us alone!" He warned and dropped your hand to put his arm around your waist to pull you to his side instead. It was a way to keep you safer and one that made you feel more at ease.

You saw Calum pull out the keys. Looking where he was, you noticed the car was coming into sight. "It's alright, we're almost there. It's gonna be okay." You nodded and swallowed your nerves back as Calum kept a good grip on you to keep you safe and secure.

It felt like it would never end. They were relentless and you knew that Calum was getting fed up. But soon enough you reached the car. He unlocked the doors and you both hurriedly got inside, slamming and locking the doors behind you.

He started the car and quickly pulled out of the spot. He drove a few blocks away, making sure you were far enough away from the paparazzi before he pulled over and stopped the car. He took ahold of your hands and kissed them lovingly.

"You're okay, right? You're not hurt or anything?" He checked, still worried about you after the one guy too close for comfort. "I'm alright, Cal." He nodded and took a deep breath before letting it go. "I'm sorry for how close he got and for how awful they treat you sometimes."

You shook your head, looking into his worried eyes. "It's okay. We're both alright, we're safe now. Isn't that what's most important?"

He nodded and smiled against your lips when you kissed him. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too. I'm kinda tired, do you think we can just go home and relax for the rest of the night?"

He nodded and pecked your lips once more. "Absolutely. I'm fine with whatever we do these next few weeks as long as I get to be with you."